Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So the buttons around my touchscreen started flickering and now most of them are completely out…it’s currently at the dealership and they are telling me they never have lite up!!! Now I know they do! So at night u can’t see what button to press for functions like air, media, navigation etc! Does anyone have a solution for this especially when the dealer is making me feel like an idiot? This is on my LR discovery sport
Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Communication Device

Gadget Communication Device Font Automotive lighting Audio equipment

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes the warranty covers it but they are saying they don’t …I even sent the same photo
Push the dealership on this. If they don’t come to the party then call Land Rover customer service directly to tell them what’s happening. Is your vehicle still under the original manufacturers warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Push the dealership on this. If they don’t come to the party then call Land Rover customer service directly to tell them what’s happening. Is your vehicle still under the original manufacturers warranty?
No it’s under an extended warranty but a really good one actually…I’m surprised but the guy there is telling me the lights have never lite up…which I know they do so idk 🤷🏻‍♀️ what I’m gonna do to get this resolved

·
Registered
64 Posts
No it’s under an extended warranty but a really good one actually…I’m surprised but the guy there is telling me the lights have never lite up…which I know they do so idk 🤷🏻‍♀️ what I’m gonna do to get this resolved
Is it the Land Rover extended warranty? Look through your extended warranty documentation and you should find a customer support phone number. Give them a call or alternatively get another opinion from a different Land Rover dealer. Get it in writing.

Reactions: Bill F

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok So the buttons around my touchscreen started flickering and now most of them are completely out…it’s currently at the dealership and they are telling me they never have lite up!!! Now I know they do! So at night u can’t see what button to press for functions like air, media, navigation etc! Does anyone have a solution for this especially when the dealer is making me feel like an idiot? This is on my LR discovery sport View attachment 7993
View attachment 7992
Ok So the buttons around my touchscreen started flickering and now most of them are completely out…it’s currently at the dealership and they are telling me they never have lite up!!! Now I know they do! So at night u can’t see what button to press for functions like air, media, navigation etc! Does anyone have a solution for this especially when the dealer is making me feel like an idiot? This is on my LR discovery sport View attachment 7993
View attachment 7992
Most of my lights started to fail as well. Front heated seat lights, AC lights, etc. Plus, the lights on the right side of the screen started to go out also, like the Nav and phone buttons. I took it to the dealer and it turned out to be two bad modules or switches. Here are the part numbers: LR106310 Heater Control, and LR138079 Control - AUDI. Combined, both parts were $1,456.76. Now, all lights are working correctly and the center console area looks great at night again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of my lights started to fail as well. Front heated seat lights, AC lights, etc. Plus, the lights on the right side of the screen started to go out also, like the Nav and phone buttons. I took it to the dealer and it turned out to be two bad modules or switches. Here are the part numbers: LR106310 Heater Control, and LR138079 Control - AUDI. Combined, both parts were $1,456.76. Now, all lights are working correctly and the center console area looks great at night again.
Thank you soooo much! I will let them know I’m supposed to pick it up today so we will see!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anyway u post a pic of it lite up at night ? I’m sorry to ask but so I can show them (I think they know they just don’t want to deal with it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts