Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I own a 2017 Disco Sport SE with the basic suspension, 18" rims and Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires. I have 13,000kms on it so I haven't gone through my first service yet.

When I drive on the highway, I notice that the ride is pretty bumpy. Now, the road is not smooth at all, but I just feel that the ride is more rough than it should be and I don't think it used to be like that although I'm not sure.

Do you guys have any similar issues or advice to give me?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
parcan wait until the temperature rises and then see if it is bumpy. After years in Winterpeg I always found the roads bad in winter because of packed snow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
possibly winter tires??
Let me say it this way.... if you *think* the ride is a bit off.... if it *seems* different than before but can't really remember....I wouldn't worry too much - just give it some time to ensure you are experiencing the issue on the perfect road surface and it's not the tires (Winter tires will never be as smooth and comfortable as quality All Season tires )

Let us know how it goes....

·
Registered
588 Posts
possibly winter tires??
Let me say it this way.... if you *think* the ride is a bit off.... if it *seems* different than before but can't really remember....I wouldn't worry too much - just give it some time to ensure you are experiencing the issue on the perfect road surface and it's not the tires (Winter tires will never be as smooth and comfortable as quality All Season tires )

Let us know how it goes....
I have the same setup on my 2016 DS.
It is a bit bumpy on cold weather as the rubber gets stiffer.
I notice on warmer weather, the tires get soft and sort of splashy/ squishy and gets noisier.

It's a tradeoff when you have winter tires as opposed to all seasons. I hate the stock all seasons as it does not grip enough on icy surfaces like the Blizzaks...

BTW: you can change the tire pressure load setting when you start up your car to compensate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts