Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I bottomed out the front passenger bumper enough to crease the liner (actually broke) and snapped the fitting off the washer motor. Poor location for the motor as its extremely close to the liner (warning for oversized tires owners).

Just wanted to give people a heads up. I ordered a new motor on eBay for 20 bucks. Not a bad lesson to learn.

Part Number: LR013950

·
Registered
211 Posts
Either A) you were doing your best Dukes of Hazard impression, or B) really poor design. Not sure which:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was beating on the car pretty hard but I'm going with poor design :-/ Since the car is leased, I don't want the dealer documenting my shenanigans but thought it would be informative for the group. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im going to check this out. I am fitting larger tires by Spring. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to take off the wheel / liner to replace the pump. I'll take a better photo then for everyone to understand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got a chance to get the Disco up on the rack. Completely agree that the washer pump placement on the reservoir was a poor design by JLR. If anyone kicks up a chuck of wood or a large rock that slaps the fender liner, I can guarantee it'll snap the check valve on the washer pump like mine did.

As far as part numbers. There are 2 listed in the diagram. One for the front and one for the rear. They physically are the same and fit the same however the connectors are different (thx JLR!) Of course I ordered the wrong pump. Not wanting to return and start over again, I decided to build an adapter harness which has tested successfully. I could have also repaired the original pump but didn't want to heckle with a failure down the road. Pump was 17 bucks! Here are some more photos for reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts