Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps a bit of Porsche precedence will help convince the brass to bring over the new diesel Disco's?

Porsche Injecting Diesel Power Into Macan For US Market - The Truth About Cars

Automotive News reports the diesel-powered crossover will get its power from a reworked 3-liter turbo V6 diesel sold in its native Europe and other markets, delivering at least 245 horsepower to all four corners. The vehicle would slot between the S and Turbo models as far as price is concerned, coming in at around $60,000 to start; the S has an MSRP of just over $49,000, while the Turbo begins at $72,300.

As for when the diesel Macan would arrive, the crossover may debut at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show before entering the showroom near the end of 2015 or at the start of 2016.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It would be a bold step to just bring over the diesel from the beginning instead of waiting, and humming and hawing and bringing the diesel over much later. I think that diesels could become popular in the US imminently. It is reaching a boiling point if only there was the option available for people.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think its a bold move, I think its a brilliant move. JLG has already committed to bring the new XE over immediately in Diesel form.

And you know for all this lip service people like to pay to the lack of US diesels, VW and Audi have been offering them for years, what all of a sudden this is a surprise to people...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't think its a bold move, I think its a brilliant move. JLG has already committed to bring the new XE over immediately in Diesel form.

And you know for all this lip service people like to pay to the lack of US diesels, VW and Audi have been offering them for years, what all of a sudden this is a surprise to people...
I think that the decision can be both bold and brilliant at the same time. Often time brilliant decisions are bold. If diesel continues to rise in popularity then Land Rover will be smart to be ahead of the game a bit before everyone starts piling on and there is market saturation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The discovery sport is already a big sign that they want to get some serious volume coming through and including diesel is definitely going to help put the ahead of the rest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts