Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, allow me just one question, my one has only 350.- Km but there is a strange feeling, but perhaps ...Fact is that the cars is slowing down when I do not accelerate. Is that normal or what's wrong?
Many thanks in advance
Gabriel

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
752 Posts
All cars start to slow down when you reduce throttle but if you have a vehicle with any electric assist it will try to recharge the battery. This will the feeling of slowing down more than usual.

What model do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All cars start to slow down when you reduce throttle but if you have a vehicle with any electric assist it will try to recharge the battery. This will the feeling of slowing down more than usual.

What model do you have?
Hi Bill, it's a Discovery Sport...but it is NOT an electrical nor Hybrid one. Does this mean that the normal car battery is also charged; I thought this battery is charged via another item, I do not remember the name of that.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
752 Posts
The 12 volt battery is charged by the alternator.
What kind of car where you driving before the Disco? But I would wait until I drive a few more Kms and get used to the car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine felt the same to me at first if I understand what you're saying. Like it was slowing down a little faster than you'd expect it to when you let off the gas? That went away quickly though, probably within a couple days and maybe a hundred miles but it's all a little fuzzy now. It might have taken a bit longer. It feels very normal now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 12 volt battery is charged by the alternator.
What kind of car where you driving before the Disco? But I would wait until I drive a few more Kms and get used to the car.
Hi Bil, you are right that was the name I was looking for in my mead, thank you. Before the Disco. I had a Mini Countryman all 4. Diesel Automatice. The Disco is also a diesel.
Thank you and I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine felt the same to me at first if I understand what you're saying. Like it was slowing down a little faster than you'd expect it to when you let off the gas? That went away quickly though, probably within a couple days and maybe a hundred miles but it's all a little fuzzy now. It might have taken a bit longer. It feels very normal now.
Thank you but I think 500 Kilometers (310 miles) should be enough. We will see, you too I'll keep you informed. Take care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.