Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our boot which closes manually is not aligned correctly and does close crisply. LR have conceded not correct. the service department looked at it and said they found 2 loose screws and said all fixed, but it wasn't when I tested when I collected the car that same day. so off to their preferred panel beater to have it fixed. initial quote of $900. then upon taking tail gate panels offs, they discovered to small cracks in the membrane and this was the issue. new quote $5000. so not LR not honoring and saying that a little, and i mean little dint when backed into a wheelie bin, caused it to hit a sweet spot and thus causing 2 cracks. the problem thi swas happening from the day we collected it. but we did not have erected immediately as so far to the dealer. so we waited and then we dinted car and now our fault. cannot believe such a small dint can cause this much damage. Anyone else had similar issues with boot not clsoing correctly?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
628 Posts
In the past a few where not aligned and caused problems. Now it looks like only the electrically powered ones have problems.

$5000 Aud is high, the whole panel cannot cost that much. Looks like you may have to get your insurance company involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
our boot which closes manually is not aligned correctly and does close crisply. LR have conceded not correct. the service department looked at it and said they found 2 loose screws and said all fixed, but it wasn't when I tested when I collected the car that same day. so off to their preferred panel beater to have it fixed. initial quote of $900. then upon taking tail gate panels offs, they discovered to small cracks in the membrane and this was the issue. new quote $5000. so not LR not honoring and saying that a little, and i mean little dint when backed into a wheelie bin, caused it to hit a sweet spot and thus causing 2 cracks. the problem thi swas happening from the day we collected it. but we did not have erected immediately as so far to the dealer. so we waited and then we dinted car and now our fault. cannot believe such a small dint can cause this much damage. Anyone else had similar issues with boot not clsoing correctly?
YES!!!!!
And I've had similar rebuff. A friend met a LR owner in Glencoe with the same problem, there are reports in forums going back to 2015 about this issue. I was told LR agreed as a goodwill gesture to pay 40% of cost but I still had to pay over £500!!! Not doing it. I found a you tube video of two guys fixing the exact same problem on a Range Rover Vouge remove some plastic trim and spoiler, then slacken 4 bolts holding hinges adjust door position tighten bolts and retry tailgate fit, repeat until correct. I was told after it had been assessed by their preferred body shop contractor that I had allowed it to be blown in the wind, forced it shut etc. BULLLLLLL. Still fighting, we'll I will start again when I have the energy for it. I'm planning to collate all the forum screen shots I have document all the conversations like this showing its a design fault and aim to have it fixed FOC. DON'T GIVE UP.
I was warned not to buy LR but I stupidly ignored the advice. Never again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts