Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK 2016 plate 85k miles. Serviced by dealer at stated service intervals. At around 45k miles - running rough, cut out without warning etc. Dealer could find no problem and returned car working but running slightly 'rough'. At 55k miles happened again. Main dealer said problems were due to timing having slipped. Was out of warranty by this time. Reluctantly agreed to contribute 50% toward cost. 85k miles big bang, lots of smoke. Recovered to main dealer (not mine) in Chesterfield. Say it is blown turbocharger, but has drawn oil though engine and contaminated filer, cat, exhaust - total bill £7110.00 Their stance is - you've guessed it ' Sorry Sir, it's out of warranty'. If youud purchased our extended warranty when you bought the car you'd have been covered.

Is this 'normal' wear and tear on one of these? We've run a fleet of all types of Landrover products since 1993 - we currently have 6 in fleet - this is first Disco Sport - and will be last ever Landrover product we buy unless they address this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
UK 2016 plate 85k miles. Serviced by dealer at stated service intervals. At around 45k miles - running rough, cut out without warning etc. Dealer could find no problem and returned car working but running slightly 'rough'. At 55k miles happened again. Main dealer said problems were due to timing having slipped. Was out of warranty by this time. Reluctantly agreed to contribute 50% toward cost. 85k miles big bang, lots of smoke. Recovered to main dealer (not mine) in Chesterfield. Say it is blown turbocharger, but has drawn oil though engine and contaminated filer, cat, exhaust - total bill £7110.00 Their stance is - you've guessed it ' Sorry Sir, it's out of warranty'. If youud purchased our extended warranty when you bought the car you'd have been covered.

Is this 'normal' wear and tear on one of these? We've run a fleet of all types of Landrover products since 1993 - we currently have 6 in fleet - this is first Disco Sport - and will be last ever Landrover product we buy unless they address this.
I’m really sorry to hear about this. Wow, over 7 grand for the fix?? I had to look at that number a couple of times to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. Since you’ve been a loyal Land Rover owner, do you think they would work with you to offset the cost in some way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts