Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to add the Black Design Pack after market? I am having a hard time finding a CPO 2016 DS in the color I want with the Black Pack and was wondering if anyone has tried adding it after the fact? I know the wheels are easy to do with powder coating and there appears to be 5 or 6 components you would need to purchase for maybe $1200 US. Just curious as I am trying to decide if I wait for one to come on the market or buy one without the pack and add it on. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone adding Black Pack after the fact. I think it would be relatively easy to do - I would think that you could have just about everything painted. Plus, I think they under-did the black roof paint. Should have continued the black further down the A-pillar, and brought it down on the rear upper flank (if you know what I mean). Also, blacking out the center panel on the rear lift gate could look really cool as well :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most of the items that come in that package you can get done by someone who is good at wrapping, and you can either find the black badges on eBay, order them from the dealer, or get them Plasti Dipped.

On my other car, I had to buy factory badges and get them painted gloss black because the one set of badges I ordered from eBay were fake and didn't have the same design.

On my other car, I had all the chrome bits wrapped gloss black for around $500 - that is Seattle prices so if you live somewhere else like California it'll be cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts