Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new DS through a dealer in Feb 2015.

Entire electronic entry- starting system has shut down. Remotes will not work, vehicle will not start. As everything is automatic, having trouble even towing as you cant put vehicle in neutral. Battery totally drained and will not hold charge. Called. Not at all happy with the quality of the vehicle for the price even before this issue. Cheap feel to it. Back Seats squeaking, radio very glitchy, Hesitates off a stop at lights. Suspension and handling very rough. I have owned 3 Range Rovers over the past 12 years and was very happy. Called LR Roadside Service and we are now on our second day of trying to get this vehicle to the dealer. Would love to get out of my lease and be done with this car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't blame you. I'd be out of that so fast their heads would spin.

I hope you get satisfaction.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks just read a post of someone who has had the exact problem. Seems to be some dodgy batteries or something out there

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow that sounds scary. Hopefully it's just the matter of bad battery. What state are you in just curious. And do you have the launch edition given you've had it since February which is the earliest I've ever heard someone had the car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, sounds like from past posts, there have been a bad batch of batteries that have a bad cell causing this issue - especially when the weather gets cold.

It's simple battery replacement covered by warranty.

I wish LR would put an auxiliary battery in the car to prevent this happening since everything relies on the electronics to open, start, unlock the car....
I had a Mercedes and it had motorcycle sized auxiliary battery for this type of situation when a main battery fails.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man that's a huge pain in the rear.... I have to say coming into our first Land Rover I'm fully expecting "British engineering." While everyone applauds Land Rover's ability to wade a river and climb a muddy bog, they're just as likely to have every electronic go haywire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that sounds scary. Hopefully it's just the matter of bad battery. What state are you in just curious. And do you have the launch edition given you've had it since February which is the earliest I've ever heard someone had the car.
My new discovery sport is 3 months old, NAV system would not store HOME, or any saved destination. I never knew one moment to the next when the NAV system would be functioning. Sometimes the data was there, more often than not it would not be. I have been dealing with this since buying the Sport model for tree months with the Princeton dealership who basically cannot do anything about the issue. They said they were waiting for a patch from the big boys in England. My vehicle was in service for a month with absolutely no progress. They now want me to bring back the loaner, and use the defective vehicle until a patch can be formulated. I am exhausted from dealing with this on a daily basis. I want my money back, my contract torn up, or a new model without any issues. Land Rover knew of NAV issues before I purchased in some of their Discovery Sport models, but I was not told anything! I have filed for Lemon status in NJ and am awaiting a date for a court hearing. I would not buy from Land Rover again-- their business decisions are obviously to make me wait for an unknown amount of time, while paying for a new vehicle is stupid and cheap!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am taking legal action against JLRNA-- for their faulty NAV system they now say is acting normal. My new DS Land Rover vehicle was in the Princeton dealership for forty days and no progress was made on fixing the NAV system. After typing in NAV data, the system would not have it saved. Another time it would save it but in the next moment the data was gone, and would have to be re- entered. Others have had similar problems.

What I am asking all of you is this: Do any of you own a 2016 Discovery Sport vehicle which has a NAV system that is working perfectly. The reason I need your help is that JLRNA basically told me to go pound salt, that the NAV defect is really not a defect, but is merely the way the NAV system was designed.

This is exactly opposite to what they were saying when the issue first presented itself. They said they knew there were problems and that they were working on a patch--

So please, let me know if you have the new 2016 Discovery Sport model with no NAV issues-- I need an example where it works great to substantiate that there really is something inherently wrong in my vehicle.

Please send me an email
[email protected]

Thank you,
Buzz Morse

·
Registered
311 Posts
My Nav works and saves locations, favorites, and recent destinations.

Sorry you are having such issues. I had navigation issues when I first purchased the Disco. They had to do a couple resets before it worked well.

When they fixed it, my saved data erased... But I believe they reset the unit.

Do you have Nav with the in-control apps? I have the Nav without the in-control option and that may make a difference on how and where it stores information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts