Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dreaded "Coolant Low" light came on, and sure enough it's an inch below "MIN"

I have some Green/Blue Peak coolant in the house, but from what I see the one we have brown/orange and I since DS manual recommends Texaco XLC, we best find a Dex-cool coolant.

Anyone think the regular Green/Blue would work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Please don't do it. Just go to the dealership and pickup the appropriate coolant, from the dealership, and call it a day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I'll have to go to the dealership any way - as it seems to be leaking. Anyone else seen coolant leaks on this engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First post, just picked up my Disco a few days ago. Got the low coolant light at about 300 miles so I'm getting it taken care of again. Hopefully this isn't a recurring issue or sign of a major problem - coming from a C63 AMG, the low coolant light is quite a scare.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Our Disco is a year and a half old with 18K miles. Ive caught a whiff of coolant in the garage from time to time ever since we brought it home. Never saw a puddle or drip on the floor though. Finally about a month and a half ago, the low coolant light started coming on during long turns, such as off ramps and what not. I checked it and it was just right at the MIN level so I wasn't worried about it. About two weeks ago, it started to come on and staying on. Its at the dealership now. The service consultant says they keep antifreeze handy in the service drive because its so common. Ive never had a new car that goes through that much coolant. So Ive got them looking to make sure it doesnt have a leak.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They say it's common but what's the cause of it ? Coolant has to have some sort of leak for it to be disappearing like that, whether it's a pin-hole from a hose, rad, or something. Possibly even a faulty rad cap ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
They say it's common but what's the cause of it ? Coolant has to have some sort of leak for it to be disappearing like that, whether it's a pin-hole from a hose, rad, or something. Possibly even a faulty rad cap ?
Exactly. I still don't know if they found any kind of leak yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts