Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2017 Disco Sport (my daily)
2013 Lexus GX460 (wife's daily)
2015 Audi A3 TDI (bought back - diesel gate)
2013 Toyota Prius
2012 Lexus RX350
2010 Lexus GS350 (rattle machine)
2011 VW Tiguan
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid (lemon)
2007 Honda Fit
2004 BMW X5
1997 Mercedes E320 (rust bucket)
1994 BMW M3 (miss dearly)
1994 Acura Integra Type R (stolen)
1990 Buick Skyhawk (junk)

·
Registered
8 Posts
To answer to MGLarry, I went from the Evoque to the DS because the boot volume of the boot in the Evoque is too small... I don't need a big boot most of the time, but when I needed it with the Evoque it was a pity !

·
Registered
211 Posts
To answer to MGLarry, I went from the Evoque to the DS because the boot volume of the boot in the Evoque is too small... I don't need a big boot most of the time, but when I needed it with the Evoque it was a pity !
That confirms my feeling with the Evoque. Loved the styling, etc., but the boot was just too small (not that I haul lots of stuff - but when you need the room you need the room), plus the cabin felt confining as well. Was curious on your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (new)
2017 Disco Sport (new??loving it)
Another person who moved from a Jeep Wrangler! When I went to the dealership they insisted I needed the LR4 to be happy from the Wrangler.... Luckily they were wrong. You havr any regrets? I saw my actual Jeep running down the highway the other day. I kept it prestine and did some mods so I easily saw it was mine. I was excited to see a headlamp out.... At least I got away with having to pay for the light. LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DrJJC, Actually we still have the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (now at about 65K miles), which has generally been good, though we were in the unlucky group that needed that notorious cylinder-head replacement a couple of years ago. (It took a couple of weeks to that done, but it was covered under warranty.) The Jeep's been good off-road (mostly sand) and in the snow, but the lack of full-time 4WD/AWD is a shortcoming. And, as you know, it's as aerodynamic as a refrigerator. They do hold their value well; we've even thought about trading it in for a new one. Funny about seeing your old one on the road. I actually approached a woman in a parking lot when I saw her getting out of my 2000 Audi A6 Avant a couple of years after I had traded it in––there was a tell-tale nick in the rear bumper. She loved the car (which still looked beautiful), and loved hearing about what she called "its previous life."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Short List list

2001 Acura 1.7EL
2008 BMW 1 Series
2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport

I tend to keep my cars for a while so I don't take too much hit on depreciation. Hoping the DS lasts me a good 8-10 yrs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

1983 Toyota Corolla (used to learn driving )

1999 Toyota Camry (I used while living in Australia)

2004 Honda Accord (most reliable car, i still use to drive to work)

2016 Disco HSE Lux (I loved this car from fist sight, and happy to drive it)

·
Registered
59 Posts
1996 - Ford Explorer Sport (regret getting rid of it)
2004 - BMW X3 (not impressed)
2008 - Lincoln MKX (good vehicle)
2017 - Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE

Wife has a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - great snow vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1982 Cadillac Eldorado
1983 Toyota Celica
1995 Nissan Sentra
2000 Ford Expedition
2002 Jeep Liberty
2012 Chrysler Town & Country
finally my 2016 Disco HSE Sport

·
Registered
113 Posts
cool thread

My list (I am skipping my HS /college years...which included Oldsmobile, Mazda 323, Altima with manual tran and a bunch of other cars....)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T new
2009 Audi A4 3.2 with manual - new
2008 Audi A6 3.2 CPO / 2008 Audi S4 V8 - CPO - both bought in 2011
2014 Audi A6
2017 LR Disco HSE - new...

I guess my last choice needs some explanation comparing to the previous cars.... Bought a house in 2015 and started to enjoy doing projects in and around....seriously... I discover woodworking and some small creative projects around the house.... so decided I need a much bigger vehicle with a roof rack so I can bring home sheets of wood etc.... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool thread indeed. Here’s my lifetime list (years owned):
1985 Mercury Grand Marquis (4 yrs)
1995 Ford Ranger ext.cab (5yrs)
2001 Ford Explorer Sport (4yrs)
2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE (3yrs)
2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE (1yr)
2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE (8yrs)
2016 Land Rover Disco Sport HSE (3mos so far)

In that Land Rover stretch I did also have both a 1977 Chevy Vega Wagon and a 1979 Lincoln Continental for a couple years each, but we’re just play cars. I really do miss that LR2. I regret trading it in at 120k mi. after the radiator and fan failure. It was (and still is for sale on a used car lot in El Dorado, AR) a really wonderful little truck. I feel like the DiscoSport is a downgrade in everything but a few extra cubic feet and a lot of tech, but I signed on the dotted line. Probably have already lost in depreciation what that radiator repair would have cost me, but isn’t that just a big first world problem. Can’t wait to see if she holds up as well being drug through the mud and down steep washed out forest roads and old dusty farm roads and getting all pinstriped in the forest with a roof rack full of camping gear. If the DS is too wimpy and doesn’t end up making the cut, you’ll hear about it here first!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll jump in on this haha might get made fun of but thats okay

-1994 VW Corrado VR6 (Miss it, but needed to go)
-2008 Chevy Cobalt (still have has 746 000km original trans original motor LOVE THIS CAR first new car ever bough and still own it)
-2016 DS HSE (Also Love it)
-2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z74

Wife:
-2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (fun to drive....sometimes.... thats about it)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts