Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I replaced the vehicle battery today. The old one was the original factory battery. Got 5 years 92,000kms out of it. Pretty happy with that. However, it would have to be the most convoluted way to get to a car battery that I have ever seen. After removing the battery cover via the 4 plastic screw clips, you need to remove the strut brace. But before you can do that you need to remove the air intake snorkel. Once that’s out you then undo 4 bolts and 2 plastic clips to remove the strut brace. Then a random long bolt that attaches to a small bracket on the front corner on the battery needs to come out. Then you need to pull apart the several different wiring connections in order to clear the wires out of the way. Then throw your back out reaching to the rear of the engine bay to pull out the battery. I mean come on. Seriously LR? Anyway new battery is in now. Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. So I replaced the vehicle battery today. The old one was the original factory battery. Got 5 years 92,000kms out of it. Pretty happy with that. However, it would have to be the most convoluted way to get to a car battery that I have ever seen. After removing the battery cover via the 4 plastic screw clips, you need to remove the strut brace. But before you can do that you need to remove the air intake snorkel. Once that’s out you then undo 4 bolts and 2 plastic clips to remove the strut brace. Then a random long bolt that attaches to a small bracket on the front corner on the battery needs to come out. Then you need to pull apart the several different wiring connections in order to clear the wires out of the way. Then throw your back out reaching to the rear of the engine bay to pull out the battery. I mean come on. Seriously LR? Anyway new battery is in now. Merry Christmas everyone!
Hey, did you have to reset the BMS when you replaced the battery? I may have to change mine soon and I see some say to do this but I guess only the dealer can. Its saying start engine battery low on the dash from time to time. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, did you have to reset the BMS when you replaced the battery? I may have to change mine soon and I see some say to do this but I guess only the dealer can. Its saying start engine battery low on the dash from time to time. Thanks
No I didn’t need to reset the BMS. I was expecting to have a warning light or something like that afterwards but everything started up fine. Only had to reset the time and date. The system retained all other settings. My car also had the “start engine battery low” warning come up occasionally before I replaced the battery. It’s been needing replacement for about a year now but it got me through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No I didn’t need to reset the BMS. I was expecting to have a warning light or something like that afterwards but everything started up fine. Only had to reset the time and date. The system retained all other settings. My car also had the “start engine battery low” warning come up occasionally before I replaced the battery. It’s been needing replacement for about a year now but it got me through.
Thats good to know. At least I will not have to go to the dealer then and can just handle it myself. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport - 2.2 TD4 4WD HSE Luxury
1 Posts
Just replaced battery on my 2015 Disco yesterday. Was quite a labor-intensive job to get it out of that tight space like TS described.
Before disconnecting the old battery I hooked up a 12V supply to the OBD2 connector so it would not lose any settings. Then changed the old with a new Varta F21 battery.
Since I was under the impression that the BMS had to be reset, I connected an OBD2 scanner (Foxwell NT680Pro). Ran the Battery Registration but nothing seemed to happen.
Everything is working fine. All settings were maintained and nothing had to be reset. I noticed the Start/Stop System worked again. Which has not worked for months ever since the 'Low battery' warning came on the first time. So, all seems well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts