Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2 times I drove my 2016 LRDS , display said low battery please start. I carpooled for 2 days and didn't drive it. Today it's completely dead. Is it possible the HUD drained the battery? Hud recently replaced. Never had trouble with battery before.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
626 Posts
Place a smart charger on the battery ASAP, if the battery is completely dead the charger will not start. Have battery checked by a shop.
Not sure when your car was built but a 2016 model could have gone into service in the fall of 2015 ( same as mine ) and is nearing the end of it's life cycle. Others have reported changing out the battery in as early as 3 years.
Your HUD probably uses more power than those not equipped but should not cause such a drastic drop in battery capacity.

I place my car on charge once a month in the winter using a CTEK charger and every second month in the summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree your battery may be past its prime if it's the original one. Charging it up is the first thing to do. The HUD shouldn't draw any current when the car is off and asleep. You could have a parasitic draw running the battery down when the car should be asleep but I wouldn't worry about that too much until you prove the battery is good.

I took Bill F's advice and got a CTEK charger and hook it up overnight about once a month. It's good preventive maintenance and will make your battery last longer but if you got 5 or 6 years out of yours that's not too bad. The best I've ever done on any car is about 7.5 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought a 2016 used, battery died just before the 5 year warranty was up. Free replacement, but had LR install a trickle charger, as these will drain a battery in 5 days. Had one on a 2010 LR2 that also drained the battery after 5 days.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
626 Posts
The last 2 times I drove my 2016 LRDS , display said low battery please start. I carpooled for 2 days and didn't drive it. Today it's completely dead. Is it possible the HUD drained the battery? Hud recently replaced. Never had trouble with battery before.
Curious how you made out with your car since you had earlier posted that you had needed a new Deisel engine a d the car was not drivable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts