Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, live in the US, purchased a 17 sport HSE. Trying to find model numbers and engine codes. L550 and aj200 what I've found so far. I believe there was only one powertrain available, the 240hp. Is that the Ford or jag/rover ingenium or whatever it's called. Can't seem to find a set answer. Like to know my vehicles. Thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, newbie

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey all, live in the US, purchased a 17 sport HSE. Trying to find model numbers and engine codes. L550 and aj200 what I've found so far. I believe there was only one powertrain available, the 240hp. Is that the Ford or jag/rover ingenium or whatever it's called. Can't seem to find a set answer. Like to know my vehicles. Thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, newbie
@Bleach1918 Nice to have you here! I also have a 2017 Disco Sport. L550 is the chassis code and in the US there was only one engine option. The 2017 have the AJ200 Ingenium engines. Only the gas/petrol was offered in the US. These were not a carry over from Ford (only the 2014 Disco Sport had these) as the Ingenium was developed internally at JLR under ownership of Tata. The 2019 refresh of the Disco Sport got a revised AJ150.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I'm use to audis and bmws and those are fairly easy to work on and mod. These rovers are a different beast though. I love it so far. I wish the tailpipe tips were fatter to fill that bumper opening but thats about it. Meridian speakers are definitely lacking low end to but that's an easy fix. Any other tips or tricks or good things to know? Once again. Thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven’t done a lot of work on my 19 Disco Sport, but I did change out the pedals for sport pedal covers. When I removed the brake pedal cover, on the inside it said FOMOCO, so I guess there are still some Ford parts in there.

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
My 2016 still has Ford under the hood, makes engine parts very cheap. Not that I have used any fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill I thought they switched in 2015 for north America? I've done a lot of research and that seems to be the consensus.

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
The 2015 and the 2016 engines in Canada are the same and even the 2017 has the EcoBoost engine. All use the same part number for the engine block. You can go here to check part numbers. CAMSHAFT & TIMING. CRANKSHAFT & BEARINGS. CYLINDER HEAD & VALVES. LUBRICATION. MOUNTS. PISTONS. RINGS & BEARINGS.. 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Sport Utility 2.0L EcoBoost A/T | Land Rover Lakeridge, Ajax ON

If you want more information go to a parts place ( in the USA) and price water pumps for Ford ecoboost and the 2015,16, and 17 Disco , price will be under $40 same as the Ford ecoboost the 2018 Discovery lists at close to $500.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts