Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the base sound system in my 2019 Disco Sport. Is this setup also a Meridian without the subwoofer? It really sounds pretty good for the base setup. Even music Sirius XM sounds decent. I couldn’t say the same in my old Ford Explorer with the Sony system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought the Meridian system was standard on HSE trim and above, but I have a HSE model and sound system does not appear to be Meridian. These normally seem to have a badge on the tweeter which I do not have.
Also wonder if it is easy to upgrade to Meridian. Maybe someone on the forum has more knowledge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought my 2019 HSE, it was between one with the Meridian system and one with the base system. We ended up choosing the one with the base system because we liked the color combination better. Everything else was the same between the two cars.

I don’t claim to be an audiophile, but I think the standard system sounds really nice. I feel it has a very similar quality to the Nakamichi system I had in a Lexus I once owned.

That’s why I was wondering if the basic system is still made by Meridian, minus the subwoofer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I bought my 2019 HSE, it was between one with the Meridian system and one with the base system. We ended up choosing the one with the base system because we liked the color combination better. Everything else was the same between the two cars.

I don’t claim to be an audiophile, but I think the standard system sounds really nice. I feel it has a very similar quality to the Nakamichi system I had in a Lexus I once owned.

That’s why I was wondering if the basic system is still made by Meridian, minus the subwoofer.
Harman seem to make a lot of base systems...think they are Chinese owned so read cheap !! Sounds ok though.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
In February 2017, Harman International shareholders voted in favor of the acquisition by Samsung. On March 10, 2017, the acquisition was completed, with Harman becoming a Independent subsidiary of Samsung

·
Registered
7 Posts
In February 2017, Harman International shareholders voted in favor of the acquisition by Samsung. On March 10, 2017, the acquisition was completed, with Harman becoming a Independent subsidiary of Samsung
Thanks for that...Samsung are of course based in South Korea, but manufacture in various countries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts