Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently leased a 2018 DS HSE and I'm very pleased with it. I just have a question about the backup camera. I do not have the 360 camera, btw. In every video I've seen there are the solid yellow lines indicating the path of the vehicle AND dotted lines outside the yellow, showing the clearance of the outside of the vehicle itself. Mine does not have those outside lines. When I press the parking icon in the lower middle, I will get some colored boxes indicating proximity to objects behind me, but never those dotted lines. Anybody have the answer? When I happened to be at my dealer for something else, one of the service guys said that some have them and some don't, but the camera is much less useful without them. Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
My 2016 has both the solid lines and the dotted lines, but noticed the first time I had a 2016 loaner there was only one line in the same trim level. Like the service guy says it seems to be the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds like something that could be corrected by software update. But it's not serious enough for me to leave it at the dealer if nothing else goes wrong, which hopefully it won't. It is a very cool car, BTW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll quickly realize that there are lots of cool features with the car, but knowing they exist, and knowing how to access them is kind of a pain. I think I've seen the lines you've mentioned before, but usually mine has the path of the wheels (which I actually prefer). I'll try to find that setting again so you can see if yours will do the same. A good example of cool features is the 360 camera. It's AMAZING for checking clearance/lines when parking, but **** it's annoying that it can't be set as a default view, or at least a one press options, as far as I know from reading the owner's manual and messing with it many times. There seems to be lots of variability with the car features between models and optional packages, so it's tough to know exactly which features you've got until you mess around looking for them. And the fact that most of them are hidden in menus on the sluggish infotainment system don't help matters much.

Good luck learning your car! The thing I love most is that they handle all conditions super well with limited driver input, so you are very safe and confident regardless of most driving conditions. That's a pretty important feature!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts