Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had their AEB system come on? I have had my 2017 Discovery for one year. I’ve seen the video Land Rover posted on how it is supposed to work. If u get too close to a car u get a warning light—nope. I’ve brought the car in 6 times asking them to confirm AEB works—they tell me there’s a error code and it’s been reset and should work. Nope. I’m so frustrated!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am sorry to hear this option is not working on your vehicle. I also have a 2017 and my system has come on and worked as it should. It saved me from rear ending someone on the highway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've often wondered as well if my AEB is working or not but I've never tried. I guess the only way to self verify is to get some styrofoam or cardboard boxes and go to an open parking lot to try it out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had it come on once, but very briefly as I hit the brakes a split second after the AEB came on (really just noticed the warning light since I was about 0.1 seconds behind it).

I understand there are a number of factors that need to happen to trigger the AEB - your speed, closing speed, closing distance, whether you are on the brakes, etc. If all aren't there - no AEB activation. Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how it works:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with a 2017 RR Sport. The AEB never worked, even though my previous Merc the warning would go off at least once or twice a month, and the braking kick in a few times as well. In similar situations the RR would not even give a warning. Went to one dealer multiple times who kept saying there was no fault, even escalated to Land Rover Australia head office with no response. Took it to a different service department for servicing 4 days ago and they found the issue, updated the software, and re-calibrated the system. Within 3 days, the system had already activated once (with a nufty braking hard in the middle of the road for no reason). If one dealer can't find an issue, try a different one. I believe there is also a recall for some MY18 models for AEB, but I wouldn't be surprised if the issue actually exists for MY17 as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever had their AEB system come on? I have had my 2017 Discovery for one year. I’ve seen the video Land Rover posted on how it is supposed to work. If u get too close to a car u get a warning light—nope. I’ve brought the car in 6 times asking them to confirm AEB works—they tell me there’s a error code and it’s been reset and should work. Nope. I’m so frustrated!!!

I have the same issue. I had mine looked at today as i have never had a warning come up or system to work. They told me that there is nothing showing up as a fault. Lets hope I done find out I was right!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts