Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have adaptive cruise con tool but I have an option for AEB anyway. I think it's supposed to work anyway, at least according to manual. Anybody know if this works? I can't set following distance. I've creeper up on some cars in front of me but haven't felt the car brake. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That was supposed to be adaptive cruise control. Typing on phone and it incorrectly auto corrected.

·
Registered
589 Posts
From what I know of it, It is active all the time when you have it turned on in the vehicle menu. It will fully stop the vehicle at speeds between 3-30 mph. It will "mitigate" a collision up to 50mph. Probably meaning that it will brake assist only but not fully stop the car at high speeds, which make total sense.
I can't find any speed vs distance measures for its activation.

I have not "tested" it nor will I test it on purpose
because I'm sure the nanny's calculations for activation or liberally set and give you more than a reasonable margin for error.
I know that if it was too sensitive it would be annoying and unsafe and it'll make sure to turn it off. I'm sure they accounted for that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've often wondered it this system still works with trailers attached and how hard it will hit the breaks? Must have been a nightmare to program for all the variables, ice/snow, trailer, speed, rain... I know the days of ABS take a lot of guess work out, but some of the environmental stuff still has to be factored in.

Agreed, no easy way to test it and who wants to put their new truck in jeopardy.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts