Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
It happened to me too, got the run around on XM subscription. Info from dealer said 6 months, LR headquarters said 3 months and XM said no free trail. Finally had to just give up and assume that the XM was all on my dime if I wanted it.

I passed...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Got a call from my sales rep today. She said LR corp got back with their lead tech on the steering wheel channel control. LR corp says it works as its designed. The steering wheel controls only advance to the next available station, not to the next preset. All I can say is that this is a stupid, worthless feature. Who does that????? GRRRRR
I have escalated my case with LR customer relations on this issue and I just missed a call from a real live person about it today. I called back but no return call yet.
If nothing else, I'm gonna at least tell them what I think about this oversight in functionality.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well, FWIW. I got to talk to LR customer care today and got my chance to vent about this lack of functionality. If nothing else, it felt good lol!

I encourage anyone who would appreciate having this feature to call and voice their concern if they are inclined.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a blunder... Seems crazy that every other manufacturer that I have dealt with got this right. Oh well, I still love the DS.

I wonder if it is the same for the other LR vehicles? I don't have my LR4 anymore otherwise I would go check.

Rob

·
Registered
590 Posts
What a blunder... Seems crazy that every other manufacturer that I have dealt with got this right. Oh well, I still love the DS.

I wonder if it is the same for the other LR vehicles? I don't have my LR4 anymore otherwise I would go check.

Rob
LOL! yep thats what I told them!

Not sure either if other LRs have the functionality, I really just assumed the function would be there. DOH!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also very unhappy with this issue. I thought I researched this car before purchasing. I did not think to test this feature before purchasing but I did see it was said to be available prior to purchase.

Who would think that in a 2016 vehicle this would not be a working feature.

http://youtu.be/aHx75qUK2_4

I hope you can view the YouTube video from the landrover channel.

·
Registered
590 Posts
LR is aware of this issue now. It seems their engineers thought it would be better to scroll to next available channel rather than through the presets. Well, they think they might have gotten it wrong. They are monitoring customer feedback so CALL LAND ROVER and tell them you think they definately got it wrong.

My RAM truck has BOTH finctions on the steering wheel. You can scroll through presets and through next available channels. I cant believe LR missed thiss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an suv with what I would consider a first generation media center.
The only way you could get the presets on the wheel was to Delete every other station. BUT this way many years ago now.

I have not even looked to see if that was an option because I do not wish to go that far backwards with technology.

It might be a small thing but it is a poor and unsafe design to have the radio function that way.

Shame on me go not testing this feature but truly shame on Land Rover for advertising the vehicle as being capable of functions that they are not. Live and learn.

Thanks Disco

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to stop at another dealership, which was extremely nice and helpful. They told me there is a software update coming to fix the radio controls so stay tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the presets work for am/fm from the steering wheel but not for satellite. Also, on the dash display in entertainment quadrant artist and song display for am/fm but not satellite. Especially since satellite is part of upgraded audio this is a shameful oversight. Is there an update coming to correct this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
@cjc: How did you get the presets to work via the steering wheel? When I press the "back" or "forward" on my steering wheel, it just scans to the next station and not from the presets. Pls advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2017 Discovery Sport and I can't stand that the steering wheel controls will only scan. Further there is no button anywhere in the vehicle to simply go to the next preset station. It's really souring my experience with the whole car. I came from a GM vehicle where the steering wheel controls were far superior to these. And the GM radio had five banks of presets that could be from any mode, to me a station is a station, so I could put all my news station presets together and all my music presets together, and then hit one button on my steering to go through them all without having to take my eyes off the road. I feel like I've gone back to the dark ages with this LR, ugh!!!!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts