Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have my DS for about 2 weeks and so far i am in love. We actually purchased her for my wife but she endup taking my Bimmer so i can drive the DS. ;)
I am very confused with ATPC, ATPC Full mode and HDC.
For instance, if I am in ATPC mode and I need to descend, would I switch to HDC or keep it in ATPC?
I understand that ATPC is like cruise control for off-roading and HDC is for descending, but having both is really confusing..

Can I assume that both could be used for descending from a steep slippery slope, meaning if using ATPC then just leave it in, of if driving "normally", then select HDC....

or, if using ATPC, switch over to HDC control before decent??

Could anyone please explain the differences and scenarios when i would use each mode?
Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I only use the HDC for driving down steep slopes - usually a hill covered with snow - it controls the descent speed (no accelerator used) and gains traction on all 4 wheels using separate braking. I just steer and then at the bottom I turn it off and continue driving.

You should go to your dealer and have them go thru the off road course to understand how to use the controls.
Some dealers have these off road courses on their lot.

My dealer did not have an official LR offroad course at their lot but they did get me a coupon to join a local Land Rover tour at a nearby forest mountain area.

If you are close by to a real LR school (Carmel, CA and VT) then they really will teach you how to negotiate and use the LR to the maximum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will be attending the LR training on Sept 4th in Montebello, Quebec and will share my experience here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts