Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
I'm planning on buying a 2016 Discovery Sport SE tomorrow with 45k on the odometer. Clean carfax.
Any advise or heads up on this vehicle would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
check ALL of the features and options. Don't assume that the vehicle has any feature that you've seen in review videos or read online, it's probably an option, and your specific vehicle may not have it.

Make sure you check the functionality of the HVAC on both sides of the car, don't assume that becasue you're getting hot/cold air from the drivers side that you're also getting it from the passenger side.

check to make sure all of the little plastic bits are secure. The covers on either side of the rear center brake light seem to be touchy, in particular.

Find out when the battery was last replaced. You're RIGHT at what could be the end of life for the battery. If your battery can't hold a high enough charge there are several features on the vehicle that simply won't work anymore, but the voltage cutoff at which the truck won't actually start or will throw a warning is lower than the cutoff for specific features, like the tailgate life and the auto start/stop

These are just my observations, having purchased a 2016 HSE just 3 weeks ago.

I love it to death, but it has required some "shake down" and a few trips back to the dealership to tidy up little issues that weren't noticed before purchase, fortunately the dealer has been great.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
I have a 2016 as well and have not had it back to the shop in a long time. With the mileage on the car I would make sure the tires have good tread and if new/newer make sure they meet factory specs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey all,
I'm planning on buying a 2016 Discovery Sport SE tomorrow with 45k on the odometer. Clean carfax.
Any advise or heads up on this vehicle would be greatly appreciated!
Are you buying your Disco at a Land Rover dealer? If not, if you have a Land Rover dealership in town, you might want to have them do a pre-purchase inspection. I have a 2019 and really like mine! Congrats in advance!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts