Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2017 HSE whith rear view camera but after a few trips into the woods / doing off-roading, I wish I had a front view camera as well....
Not saying it is a must but would be really nice to have.

I looked around and it seems there are some after market units that seem pretty good (wide angle viewing, water resistant, very small)
I was thinking that I could get me one of them...mount right behind the grill...just enough for the lens to have unobstructed view and run the cable to the aux for my center screen.
Since it has AUX input...I wonder if I could hack it ?

Anyone already did such an add on ?
Any recommendations for the cameras / install etc.... ?

thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a '16 with surround cameras, which includes front camera. I haven't the slightest clue regarding hardware differences with a rear camera only version, but seems like it could be done...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is "surround cameras" ?
Do you also have additional camera on the sides ??

·
Registered
211 Posts
what is "surround cameras" ?
Do you also have additional camera on the sides ??
Yes. There are cameras under the door mirrors, as well as front and back that are displayed stitched together that can show a birds-eye view of the car and surroundings (or front only, rear only, sides only etc.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 360 camera is AWESOME!! So handy for parking in tight spaces, etc. My brother's BMW has it too- so sick. One of the "Oooohhh" moments when I was looking at my car on the lot.

However, it seems nearly impossible for the dang 360 camera to be set as a default mode, like half view of 360 and the other the normal backup view.. I haven't done too much research yet, but should I have to? Haha, it's 2018 dammit! I paid extra for the 360 cameras and it takes several screens and plenty of screen lag to get to the 360 view.

It would be soooo cool if there were options to use the existing cameras (360 or just backup at least) instead of a dashcam. Hmmm, ... new topic for sure, but thought I'd throw it out here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts