Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bring in the DS for some body work to the dealer who bashed in the rear spoiler whilst it was in for the first round of service recalls last year. The paint off the rear spoiler was peeling off so the dealer took it in for a re-work.

While it was being checked in, the service manager noticed a lot of recall and TSB work that were flagged on the DS.

So this what they did:
Q634 Gateway Module Stay Awake - Battery Drain - software configuration
Q619 GTDI O2 sensors - replaced front left O2 sensor on exhaust
Q627 Service message no appearing on cluster - software update
Q630 2nd dos seat track rail creak/rattle - added seat locator pins both left and right
Q643 Tailgate lamp squeak, rattle and water ingress - added seals/covers on both lamps
N010 Service warning message no displayed - instrument cluster update
N037 InControl touch phase 3.2 Satellite Digital Audio Radio update w/ new ECU

After all this work a second time around and week later, I found that everything had been reset - all the radio settings, bluetooth, menu controls, seat settings, and preferences.

The worst part after a second round of updates:
1. There is an SOS failure warning lamp on the display cluster - the dealer tried to reset it but comes back now every time I drive her.:|
2. Drives sluggish - tranny feels slow to engage - almost as if it regressed to when I first started driving her.:(I loved her when it got the first round of updates - it drove like a champ.
3. Auto start/stop has come back with a vengeance - very intrusive - again it regressed to the first time I drove her.:crying:

·
Registered
590 Posts
"2. Drives sluggish - tranny feels slow to engage - almost as if it regressed to when I first started driving her."

Well looks like I'm not the only one with that exact problem. Looks like you might've already seen my post on it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"2. Drives sluggish - tranny feels slow to engage - almost as if it regressed to when I first started driving her."

Well looks like I'm not the only one with that exact problem. Looks like you might've already seen my post on it.
Yes saw your post on "Crappy/sluggish shifting" - so is yours part of the 9 speed ZF tranny recall that was announced last year ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
It pisses me off big time that they never recalled mine.

Just got back from a 500 mile trip. I could really tell that the trans is not right.

I did get notification that the trans has shipped but it won't be here for at least a month. Crazy!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think Land Rover wants to send any notices out because the replacement/repairs are expensive.
Guess they wait for any complaints to come in.

Yesterday, while it was hot, the car would not turn on - strange!

Today, I am dropping off my DS for another round of service work on her hoping to find out why the tranny is so weird.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2016 DS went into service a week+ ago and since then he is there, god knows how much longer :(
They identified a problem in the Turbo, ordered a new one which got replaced but was found as faulty as well so now they are waiting on another one to arrive - Unbelievable - Landrover stay Landrover no matter what - As someone said to me in the past - You must really love it to own it othewise you'll hate it for life.
I'm very interested to see if they put in any recalls that revert back all the previous updates.... I'll also question them on this ZF recall (Not sure that my VIN is part of it though).

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think the dealership initially wanted to change that sensor in the recall because they were at a loss as to what was wrong. LR told them "no" and to have me bring the Disco back and the dealership agreed. Plus they wanted it back to document the issue in case it came up after warranty expired...like I'd actually keep it after warranty is up lol..so they did a few weeks of questionnaires and data logging and finally said screw it... we are changing the tranny. My service advisor couldn't tell me what LR came up with on the data logs because they wouldn't tell him....shifty if you ask me. But the tranny is on the way so hopefully it'll run snappier. I have decided that my Land Rover experiment will be over at 50k miles or 4years, whichever comes first. Props to LR for handling all the issues I've had and the Disco is a cool vehicle plus I like most of the rest of the LR line but I'll likely never come back to the brand. Too many issues...this coming from a pretty laid back guy so that's saying something.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dropped off the car at the dealer.

They saw the SOS warning and took my complaint about the tranny.

They did dismiss the auto start/stop issue as being fixed in their opinion. Might intrusive IMO.

We'll see what happens...

In the meantime, I have a nice Jaguar F Pace 35t loaner. Quite a roaring monster with the supercharged 6 cylinder. Wished my DS had this supercharged engine - it would race well with the Audi SQ5 !

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow lucky you!! I'd love to sample that! I've said since the get go that a SC V6 should be offered in the DS.
Yup, the SC engine is amazing - snaps my head back when I touch the accelerator.

Ain't she a beaut for a loaner:

·
Registered
139 Posts
What is different about the auto start stop, what do you mean by more intrusive?

I got an F-Pace as a loaner last service too. Wow. Almost tried to talk the wife into a swap, but the extra cost for one with the features I want isn't in the cards right now...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The auto start/stop on the DS was more intrusive (happens every time I stop) even in stop and go traffic. It got worse after last year's round of updates they programmed.
I guess I just have to turn it off each time I get into drive her.

Yeah the F Pace is amazing - more refined interior, solid drive, no squeaks/rattles, and great shifting tranny.

The positives are: supercharged engine, better center console layout, nice instrument cluster display options, quick powertrain, exhaust growl is awesome, interior wood choices are nice, quiet cabin with more insulation, pano roof slides open, updated navigation like a Range Rover.

The only negatives are: pricing is higher for same level of options as the DS, diesel engine option, suspension is too tight/harsh, lower roofline combined with non lowering seats (easy entry/exit) makes it tough as I bump my head each time I get in or out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts