Discovery Sport Forum banner

All Terrain Setup with 18x8 and KO2

37K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  cea.london 
#1 ·
It took me a while to decide what to get and I searched the internet to find photos of a DS with KO2 (or any in 18" all-terrain) but couldn't find any. Although I loved the look of the 20" I wanted to be able to explore more terrain and hesitated going anywhere due to the 20" low profile and poor tire choice for any off-road use.

My main goal was to ensure it looked 'stock' and the tires fit the look of the vehicle. After doing a ton of research on wheels and tires I settled on a Replica Wheel that mimicked the 22" RRS wheels but fit on a DS with no hub rings along AND close to the original offset. The wheels are 18x8 with a 63.4MM bore and 45mm offset.

My tires choice had to work 365 days at year and both a combination of some light off-road, hwy and important that it was good in snow. After a ton of research and friends having these tires on the Tacoma I chose the BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 in 255/55/18. These tires are about 1.3" overall larger diameter then the stock 245/45/20. They are a true 29" diameter and I believe it is more accurate to the stock 235/60/18 that our vehicle was designed around.

I am pleased with the setup and result and the bonus is that the Replica rims fit the stock center caps to give it that stock look.

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
You are the only person online that has the solution for discovery sport A/T tyres... thanks for the share.
But please tell me, do you have any video or Photos off road and please share how are the tyres. I know you’ve had then long enough to give us some of you experience.

#17 ·

These are my 265/65 BFG KO2’s on stock 18’ wheels. Also got the Eibach lift kit. On mid, ruts and rocks yesterday, didn’t bottom out once for the first time since I’ve had the vehicle (first drive after lift). Stoked

#22 ·
I also bought the lift kit, but I havent installed it yet. My goal is to put on 265/65/18, so I'm REALLY happy to hear you could do it.
I took the parts to an off-road shop to get their pricing and opinion on install and he mentioned he was unsure what it would do to alignment until he installs it and see what room it leaves for camber adjustment. He mentioned he isnt sure if it would "max out" the camber adjustment until he installs it, but if it did, then the wheels would go from a negative or even camber, to a positive. Which he mentioned could/would cause handling issues around corners, as well as uneven and faster wear on the tires.
Since you installed both (and I'm THRILLED to see someone else did this too!), have you noticed any issues with alignments, camber, tire wear, engine strain, power, etc.? Anything?
I have a 2018 Disco Sport and I'm going for all the same improvements you mentioned. I'll eventually add a roof rack, lights, and a bumper/bull bar with winch.

I appreciate any information you can share!

#29 ·
i traded in my stock 20" and went for the 255 55 18 BFG KO2 .
What i learnt is that 17" can be an issue as the brakes are designed only for 18,19 and 20s.
I feel BFG's look the best and are the gold standard of AT tyres but there are cheaper alternatives out there. Coopers and Toyo are also great choices and if anyone fits them please post them here