Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Don't buy a Disco Sport for another few years if you are worried about reliability. As of now, there's no guarantees. If you buy a DS, then buy it because you WANT it. It does have a lot to like.

FWIW, 9K miles and I have had a few only minors issues. Knock wood.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Buying a new model vehicle is not for everyone. I bought the 4dr Jeep Wrangler when it first came out and just traded that in for my Disco. I guess I like to be a trendsetter!
Well, Jeep Wranglers are pretty refined. So your odds were good. Its the completely new models that can be sketchy.

We had a first year model Jeep Commander. Cool vehicle but it was a total POS, left us stranded twice, rattled like a boxcar full or BBs, leaked around the front window, various electrical gremlins, sprang a fuel leak in the engine compartment....that thing didn't last with us a year.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well that Commander was a 2006 model. Completely new vehicle in the line up plus that was the years when Chrysler was really in their death throws. They were building some trash. It's funny that I chickened out of a LR3 the day before we bought the Commander....because of reliability issues.....DOH!!!

Honestly. I would not be afraid to own a FCA vehicle these days. The Jeep GC and Wranglers are pretty **** good when it comes down to it. I've had several RAM trucks since 2011 (cause I trade often lol) they've all been as solid as any of my 6 or so Fords.

The thing is, everyone has problems and growing pains from time to time. These are highly complex pieces of machinery nowadays. Stuff can go wrong with any brand or any vehicle.

That's why I buy what I want and like. Personally, I learned a lesson about putting too much consideration on a reliability reputation with that Commander purchase. Unless it leaves me stranded too many times, I'm going to stick with the vehicles I like. Lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
You're right, they have.
Personally, I think that their new model strategy will have even more positive effects on "reliability" . I think that the addition of the full Discovery line, appealing to a wider buyer demo, will allow them to sell more vehicles...as a result, they will make more vehicles than ever before. They should get more refined and more "reliable" because of that.
NOT to mention the new Defender coming to the US, which I think will sell like hotcakes.

I just think we'll see exciting days ahead for LR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts