Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0L Turbo 237HP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. I've run my 2018 Disco Sport through several hot summers and I never see the typical pool of water that generally appears underneath most parked cars afterwards. Where is the A/C drain located? I do not have any water in the cabin area or foot-wells. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
627 Posts
I think older cars had a much larger evaporator and ran the evaporator at a much lower temperature. New cars have a smaller evaporator and operates at a slightly higher temp to prevent freeze up.
I have never noticed a puddle under this car or my last one for that matter. My daughters Toyota is much older and always leaves a puddle on my driveway.

I know someone may comment on refrigeration "super heat" but that is more technical than needed.

·
Registered
2018 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0L Turbo 237HP
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think older cars had a much larger evaporator and ran the evaporator at a much lower temperature. New cars have a smaller evaporator and operates at a slightly higher temp to prevent freeze up.
I have never noticed a puddle under this car or my last one for that matter. My daughters Toyota is much older and always leaves a puddle on my driveway.

I know someone may comment on refrigeration "super heat" but that is more technical than needed.
Thanks Bill. We are coming off the lease and I think I'm going to buy the vehicle since the residual is so much less than the current market value (and we love driving it!). I'm trying to tick off all the boxes before actually buying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts