Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Einbach lift kit installed on my DS but I find myself hitting the bump stops on obstacles, especially in the front. i wanted to see if there are any aftermarket struts/shocks with a bit more travel?

I have not been able to find anything online.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know there are Bilstein B4 and B6 models specific to Discovery Sport (different shocks for front left, front right and rear). B4 presumably has same characteristics as the stock shocks (no adaptive damping). B6 does not seem to be available in US.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know there are Bilstein B4 and B6 models specific to Discovery Sport (different shocks for front left, front right and rear). B4 presumably has same characteristics as the stock shocks (no adaptive damping). B6 does not seem to be available in US.
Thanks for the guidance @sergk I also recently had the Eibach lift kit installed and found that especially on obstacles with relatively high and short (curb, sharp speed bumps) the spring rate on the Eibach causes the the wheels to rebound very quickly resulting in a >thunk< sound, especially at the front (as @SoCaliDiscoSport described) I'll definitely check out Bilstein. I'll also post about my experience and pictures with the Eibach separately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, been looking for some shocks as I want to order the eibach lift kit and want shocks to go. Did you know where to source Bilstein B6? Don't care what country. (I'm in Australia)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just an updated, I couldn't find the Bilstein B6 available either in the US or on the EU site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts