Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im just after some advice, back in the beginning of the first uk lockdown, our 2015 discover sport wasnt getting run as much and with this the battery became low.
after a few months of this, we eventually got a new battery installed. however a couple of days after having the new battery installed we began having problems, epb fault, hdc fault, seatbelt light is on all the time, constant beeping etc.

had it in with land rover a couple of weeks ago and they looked over it and said they can't figure out what is causing the errors, they also said the connection to the battery is loose even though its fully tightened up :( i explained to them that i had a new battery put in and i think it must be something to do with this as it has never happened before.

i went to the shop last night in the car and when i came back out i started the car up it wouldn't move, the parking brake was stuck on. after a couple of tries to get it moving the car shut off completely, checked the battery connection and it was loose. pushed it back down and the car started up again, but the parking brake was still stuck.

i eventually got the parking brake off and got it back home, i have now booked it back in with land rover for a brand new battery and for the connection to be fixed.

i wanted to know if anybody else has experience something like this before, i read online that batteries need to be coded to the vehicle and that is why we are having the faults. i have tried a fault reader to erase them but as soon as i do they pop back up.

i just dont want to be wasting money getting a new battery at over £300 if this isn't going to fix it :(

thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven‘t had that issue come up, but it seems like something is causing your connection to come loose. Hopefully, your Land Rover shop can get this fixed. I do know that Porsche batteries have to be coded. I found that out when I was considering a Macan and doing some research, it also cost $800 USD to replace the battery!

i wouldn’t want to replace the battery, either. They’ve really expensive now. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m hoping they can sort it. I’ll let you know the outcome once it’s been in. In on Tuesday next week so fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts