Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can keyless entry be added to a vehicle by the dealer? I didn't order it because I read some stuff about the vehicles being easier to steal if they have it. Now after using it on the loaner I have I think it is awesome and hope to add it to my vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's annoying, but you just have to install the handle sensor, touch sensor, antenna, keyless module, and register your own key. There is an installation agency here. Find it around your place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can keyless entry be added to a vehicle by the dealer? I didn't order it because I read some stuff about the vehicles being easier to steal if they have it. Now after using it on the loaner I have I think it is awesome and hope to add it to my vehicle.
You won’t get it done at a dealer...it would be possible to do it, but you would need a donor vehicle probably with all the wiring, modules, door handles etc., and even then it would be difficult I think and not worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You won’t get it done at a dealer...it would be possible to do it, but you would need a donor vehicle probably with all the wiring, modules, door handles etc., and even then it would be difficult I think and not worth it.

It is possible here. I don't know how, but it is possible as a result of phone inquiry. I think other countries are also possible, all you need is a keyless antenna, a module and a sensor that fits into the handle.

·
Registered
31 Posts

It is possible here. I don't know how, but it is possible as a result of phone inquiry. I think other countries are also possible, all you need is a keyless antenna, a module and a sensor that fits into the handle.
Depends how professional a job you want I suppose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts