Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my DS HSE for a month and a week and I still love it. I picked it up from the dealer with 8 miles on the clock and it now has around 650 miles.

We took a little road trip over the long July 4 weekend and took the DS to see how its long range highway manners are, and I'll tell you they're great. A very nice ride and the turbo 4 gets the job done nicely. I'm still working on proper manipulation of the gas pedal -- that turbo can kick in with a vengeance. But I'm getting better. I should have zero'd out the average mpg to see what kind of highway mpg we were getting. The instant mpg was spending a lot of time in the high 20s and low 30s, and the average was creeping up, so that is a good sign

It pays to spend some quality time with the owner's manual. We hit a deluge of biblical proportions that seemed to go on forever (a lot of drivers were just pulling over) and I knew where the wiper controls were without a lot of guessing, as well as how to engage the rear fog lamps (I realized you could hardly see the cars with just taillights on). Pennsylvania drivers aren't used to rain in that volume but I grew up on the Georgia coast where it regularly happens in the summer.

I like all the proximity warning features -- you can get into parking spaces smaller than you think you can. And I love the cooled seats.

So far the only thing going on is that the sunglasses tray won't open up and give me my sunglasses. It pushes fully up but doesn't open on the downstroke. Annoying. When I stop by the dealer to see about that I'll ask him why the owner's manual, page 96, says there is a USB port where there isn't one.

The next big trip planned is to the Outer Banks and a visit to friends whose beach house is accessible only from the beach (about 4 miles after the pavement ends). The XJ does it with no trouble, but I'll have my shovel and my Maxtrax.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like reading all your updates. Thanks for taking the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts