Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Received an email last night from my dealership recommending an early 4month/8000km service. Has anyone else received this? I do not mind bringing the vehicle in because I do have a speaker issue but I would rather not shell out $300+ just for an oil change when it may not be required. I do plan on keeping the vehicle long term so maybe it's not a bad idea?

Anyone take their vehicle in early? Worth it?

thx for any help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi All,

Received an email last night from my dealership recommending an early 4month/8000km service. Has anyone else received this? I do not mind bringing the vehicle in because I do have a speaker issue but I would rather not shell out $300+ just for an oil change when it may not be required. I do plan on keeping the vehicle long term so maybe it's not a bad idea?

Anyone take their vehicle in early? Worth it?

thx for any help!
You should be covered for the first service, at least in Canada

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be covered for the first service, at least in Canada
They claim I pay for this one at $330 but my first annual service is the free one. I took my old car in early for this service but only because there was a recall and it was an amg lol. I just do not know enough about this brand to know if this is a scam for business or if its legit haha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would call JLR customer service to ask if this is recommended by JLR or if it's just yet another creative way by your dealer to improve their profits. My car is 1.5 months old and so far no letters...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much guys. I appreciate the feedback. I will definitely not be booking this service.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We Received a phone call last month telling us we had to come in for a service 8 months after the last service. They do not know how far I had driven so I think it is just calls to drum up business and scare new owners.

If you have a problem with the car just make an appointment for that and get it fixed for free and do the service when required by the maintenance book.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The service manual calls for the first service at 16,000 km (10.000 miles). Not sure what your dealership is up to, other than trying to generate revenue.

Reactions: Jsquared

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just out of curiosity, which dealer in the GTA is this recommending that you get this service ?
Coventry North. I cancelled the appointment to save myself the $300 dollars. When I called to cancel the appoint the terminology was something along the lines of "You're right sir, its not required but as a dealership we highly recommend this service"

I ended up running into a few mechanics from the thronhill location yesterday in a parking lot. They were service testing another discovery sport so we got chatting. I asked them about the early service appointment and they said there would be no need to bring my vehicle in that early unless I was having issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts