Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Rolled over 50k miles on the way home from a road trip 29-Jan. I did not opt for the extended warranty so am on my own now... Have a new LRDS on order, scheduled delivery 21-Apr, wish me luck that I can make it that long without incident. Expected mileage at handover will be 56k miles - vehicle will be 23 months old.

Engine check light problem has miraculously disappeared. Might be the gas mix has changed for winter (no ethanol)? Or maybe it is just the lower ambient temperatures? Don't miss this one...

SD Card Read Error as recurrent and familiar as always. Also the inconsistent loading of the entertainment system that goes with it. We are old buddies by now...

All else good, can't wait to experience the quirks of the new vehicle.

:nerd:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good Luck. Thats some crazy driving you do. When i traded in my 2011 LR4 for a 2017 disco sport i had about 25k miles on it lol.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good to hear you went 50K so far.
Some issues you went thru and still ordered another DS !

What brand loyalty!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dude! Thats crazy mileage! On the opposite end..My father in law's 2006 4Runner has 67K on it! LOL!!

Id love to know what made you buy another.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dude! Thats crazy mileage! On the opposite end..My father in law's 2006 4Runner has 67K on it! LOL!!

Id love to know what made you buy another.
Probably the same reason why when my LR4 was in the shop with 50-11 problems i traded it in for a disco sport. LOL why do we keep doing this to ourselves.

Reactions: Jsquared

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why Another Disco Sport?

Jsquared has it about right.

It is my assessment, as limited as my expertise may be, that LR has the best, most versatile and robust, AWD system. I want an SUV that really is an SUV. Obviously the Wranglers are still good and the Jeep Grand Cherokees still probably meet that requirement (I've owned several Jeeps including the old discontinued Liberties) but the rest of the stuff in the Jeep product line looks substandard to me and the Cherokee can't match the styling of the Disco Sport (the Wrangler being a totally different product anyway). Finally the Disco Sport is still a bit simpler, more basic, more functional than other similar vehicles by other brands.

Timing meant I need to move a couple months back so I didn't feel I had the option of the new Discovery or the new engine that might become available in the Disco Sport. The way I drive them it won't be long till I have those options though...

It will be interesting to compare my new one to the original. I really like my Scotia Grey but Aintree Green wasn't available when I ordered my first one so I am going to try a color change too.

:nerd:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P.S. I lived for several years in England and so maybe don't mind so much all the British eccentricities that I have experienced in this vehicle. My GF thinks I'm nuts but of course she will only drive Mercedes...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, we looked around for a loooong time before we bought the Disco and we chose it for many of the same reasons. We've had a few issues with it and recently we decided to relegate it to just a daily driver and light duty use instead of using it for vacations and activities. But we just cant help but turning around and loving it again. We cant stop giving it chances. I just decided to invest in a few accessories and try to rekindle that love we had for it before a few months again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts