Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

So it came to our attention while using the 3rd row seats that when using the ventilation it only produces cold air. Is this normal? I had both setting in the front set to high heat but the back still came out cold.

I assumed that it would provide the same temp as the first and second row. Although the second row is not as warm as the first row but the 3rd was out right cold.

Also, the second row output seems very depressed. Its very light and when I have the blower set to high, it feels like its at the lowest (perhaps lower) than the lowest setting on the blower. 3rd row blower is very powerful but only produces cold air.

Anyone out there that has hot air out of the 3rd row and good airflow out of the 2nd row seat?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don’t have the third row but This may be a blend door issue. The computer controls every aspect of the climate control system and It can malfunction. It did in ours. I’d report the problem to your dealer and have them fix it. You should be getting both hot and cold air to the third row. I have noticed that the air flow to the second row is weak. Not much more than a wisp of air from the vents. Poor design is my guess as they were not able to increase airflow when they fixed my climate control problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
We have the 3rd row option and the furthest rear vents near the cargo door does blow cold air when we activate the rear A/C.

Since we live in the southern California desert area, we only use A/C all the time.

The 2nd and 3rd rows do blow cold air - not as well as the front with the 4+ vents but the rears with 2 vents do provide some air.

BTW it's rare to use the heating system for us...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

So it came to our attention while using the 3rd row seats that when using the ventilation it only produces cold air. Is this normal? I had both setting in the front set to high heat but the back still came out cold.

I assumed that it would provide the same temp as the first and second row. Although the second row is not as warm as the first row but the 3rd was out right cold.

Also, the second row output seems very depressed. Its very light and when I have the blower set to high, it feels like its at the lowest (perhaps lower) than the lowest setting on the blower. 3rd row blower is very powerful but only produces cold air.

Anyone out there that has hot air out of the 3rd row and good airflow out of the 2nd row seat?

Thanks
Ryan
Hi Ryan

Did you check with your dealer on this issue ? Am curious if you got any feedback as I seem to have the same situation (only cold air from 3rd row vents).

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,

The 3rd row ventilation is only cold air in the back. The dealer researched it as well as they were unsure if it should produce heat. The unit that is housed in a compartment in the back is only big enough for an cooling unit and not a heating unit.

So unfortunately, only cold in the back.

The "Poor" ventilation in the second row is normal when all the vents are open in the front. if you close one or 2 vents, the flow in the second row improves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts