Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due for my 30k mile service. I am sure the dealer will be really expensive. Do I really need to have the dealer do it? Isn't it mostly just an oil change? What if I just went to a place like Jiffy Lube or something like that? Even if it wasn't the best oil recommended for the DS, I could change it more often before I reach the 40k service. Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just go to an independent who has the source for the OEM parts, synthetic oils and diagnostic equipment.

I never go to a dealer - they will RIP you off!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have mine done at the dealership to cover my butt. Most of the recommended service is frivolous. I tell them to just do an oil change and skip the rest of the "service". $150.00....Im out the door with piece of mind that it's been done by the book. I just did the 30k oil change last weekend.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What others said...go to a trusted mechanic or do it yourself..... if you must go to the dealership - just have them do the oil and filter..... and look for a coupon.... most of them have something on their websites.... like 10% off service.
Considering you'll be paying around $150 for oil/filter change - it's still a rip off but hey...the few times I did take it for oil/filter change to the dealer I actually took a loaner vehicle to run all my chores while they were working on my car..... came back after 4 hrs....so I didn't feel like they completely ripped me off :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts