Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport S. Has anyone else had an issue of your car sounding like it's still running after you've turned it off? Mine has done that several times. I thought maybe it was still on but I double checked and had turned it off but the fan was still going. It happened again last night so this morning when I got in it the clocks were at the time of when I got home last night. It was so weird. Not sure what to do about it. The clocks finally reset to the correct time after my second stop. I checked with the dealership and there are no recalls at this time. I asked about getting a loaner while the dealership checked it out but they don't have any until Nov 2nd. WTH?? I'm not going to make an apt as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 Discovery Sport and it's happened a couple of times this past week. I'm in CA and the temp has been over 110 degrees, so I assumed that was the reason. I haven't noticed the clock stopping - I'll pay attention to that next time it happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have a 2019 recently purchased from San Diego. I live in Arizona.. during super hot days the fan will stay on after shut off for a few minutes. Also all the time one the engine is shut off, the engine makes a humming noise as if the gas evac is running.. I read this is normal...

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
774 Posts
The fan will run until the coolant reaches a set point. A good practice is to let the car idle a short time before shutting it off after a hard drive, best thing for the turbo to cool down as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts