Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New 2021 DS owner here. Never had a Land Rover before so I'm a little clueless. I was surprised there's no maintenance schedule included in the owner's manual. It gives a few of the fluid specs but not all of them and no schedule on when they should be changed. So after a little Googling it sounds like most people just take theirs to the dealer once a year and that's it. I don't mind doing my own maintenance. I sort of prefer it to tell the truth. Thought about ordering a factory service manual. I do that for most cars I plan to keep a while. Will it be in there? Or is it available somewhere else I just haven't found yet?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
567 Posts
There is no factory service manual.
Go to your dealer and they can give you a schedule depending on the model you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange. I asked them for one when I bought it and they said there really isn't a printed maintenance schedule, "Just change the oil at 10K miles." I'll try asking someone else there and see if I get a different answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a maintenance schedule with a list of items that need to be serviced. It's in the Land Rover iGuide app under Passport to Service -> Maintenance and Service. For a 2021 DS 2.0T, it says service is only needed every 2 years or 21K miles, but under arduous conditions cut that in half. So I'll probably do 1yr/10K since at least some of my driving will be in "arduous conditions". 21K seems like an awfully long time to run oil in a turbo engine to me but 10K seems reasonable. I'll probably do the first one a little earlier even.

My first service is just oil/filter, interior air filter, and brake fluid change, plus an overall inspection to check for any other issues. Brake fluid at 2 years isn't something you see in most other vehicles but I'm glad to see it in there. I think brake fluid changes are widely overlooked here in the US.

105K miles is the one where all the fluids get changed but if you halve that it seems pretty reasonable for coolant/transmission/differential fluids/etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also found a source for a service manual and it seems pretty good. I won't post a link since I'm new and don't know if that's against the rules here but I gave them my VIN and they sent me a 16,000 page PDF complete with wiring diagrams. Took them a day to get it to me on a weekend so the service was excellent IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I hit 10K miles, my maintenance reminder came on. Took it in for a service at the Land Rover dealer. My service adviser put me on a 7,500 mile service interval. Seems to pretty much be an oil/filter change and inspection. As European car services go, the price was reasonable, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts