Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just took in our 2020 Discovery Sport in to our local LR dealer and they charged us $1695. This seems absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have any data points on how much they were charged for that same service? I'm in California and I know prices will vary but I'm looking for as many data points as possible, no matter where they come from.

I understand the service interval is every 21k miles so it makes sense it would cost more than a car that needs to go in once or twice a year but almost $1700 seems insane to me.

Thanks!

Wyn

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
627 Posts
Davies

What did they do for that price? The invoice should explain how they grab your money. Used dealer once for service.

My car just flashed the service do in , well to fast to read , 2 months or January 1. Use special oil but will pay about $100.00 for everything. Unless prices have gone up drastically like every thing else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a huge list of stuff they did, 90% of which I’m sure wasn’t needed. My wife just said OK to the estimate so there isn’t anything I can do about it now. Will definitely not be going back to that dealer though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Recently had our DS in for its scheduled service at the local LR dealer. 6 years 105,000kms (65k miles). They charged $760AUD ($560USD). This was for the service cost only. No repairs etc. I called around for quotes prior to taking it to the dealer and 2 other independent workshops quoted similar prices. I took it back to the dealer as they had done all the previous services and it’s where I purchased the car from. They have always provided good service and a loan car. $1700 is not right for a standard service. Have you questioned the price with the dealer? Perhaps they simply made a mistake? Why dont you call another LR dealer and get a quote from them to compare? At least that will confirm it for you.

·
Super Moderator
627 Posts
Had been planning a trip down the coast to Palm Springs and Death Valley pre Covid. Now the border is sort of open , it looks like a break down in California would be more problematic :eek::eek:

Strange my car flashed a service due, 2 days ago but today no message.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had been planning a trip down the coast to Palm Springs and Death Valley pre Covid. Now the border is sort of open , it looks like a break down in California would be more problematic :eek::eek:

Strange my car flashed a service due, 2 days ago but today no message.
Have you updated the system date/time since then?

·
Super Moderator
627 Posts
Hi M
When I first owned the car there was never a warning until there was a software update. I still can not display service information myself. The service message usually is erratic at the best of times when it pops up. Changed from daylight savings time last week.

After I had the software update for the service message ,I had a warning the next day that my service was overdue! Dealer wanted $100 to reset. I waited until I knew service was do and reset myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts