Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, All. I have a 2020 Discovery Sport and have the following issues that "have been fixed" and are reoccurring. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I am curious because all four service loaner vehicles (3 - '20 DS & 1 - '21 DS) are exhibiting the same issues as mine.

Here are the issues:
1) Front right suspension creaks when driving over rough roads, bumps, dips, and speed bumps.
2) Engine noise (Knock) at Low RPM acceleration, whether on level roads or hills (big or small).
3) Blind Spot Monitoring System turns off randomly. It will be on one moment, then turns itself off.
4) It feels like something is loose inside the driver's seat and hits when applying the brake, accelerating from a stop, and sometimes when going over speed bumps.

Here are the repairs so far (Not specifics since I can't find the invoices right now):
1) Drain & Fill Hydraulic dampers (1st service), Replacing Front air struts (2nd service)
2) Reprogrammed TCU & ECU (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
3) Reprogrammed ? (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
4) Could not duplicate (1st service), Replacing seat frame (2nd service)
My DS is in the shop now on its 2nd service, so I will add more here when the information becomes available.

On a separate note, my engine throttle response is VERY SLOW, and the transmission shifting is jumpy or lags at times. The 3 '20 service loaners exhibited the same throttle response, so I wrote it off as "normal." However, the '21 service loaner drives like a champ! The engine accelerates as any engine should, and the transmission changes gears without any lag or jump. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with their 2020 Discovery Sport????

Thank you to anyone who responds to help me with my inquiries.

- Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not sure it helps but I have issues 1 and 3 with my 2020 Disco Sport. I had to wait 6 weeks to schedule and appointment to have it looked at. They performed the following:

1) Performed front lower arm hydra bush modification. This is a bushing recall. It seemed to help significantly reduce/eliminate the rattling.
3) Basically did nothing. Read and cleared fault codes. Reported “vehicle operating as designed” since they can’t replicate. My issue also randomly turns off the speed awareness function.
I have another appointment next week and will update if they find anything. Thank for the post. At least I know we are not alone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure it helps but I have issues 1 and 3 with my 2020 Disco Sport. I had to wait 6 weeks to schedule and appointment to have it looked at. They performed the following:

1) Performed front lower arm hydra bush modification. This is a bushing recall. It seemed to help significantly reduce/eliminate the rattling.
3) Basically did nothing. Read and cleared fault codes. Reported “vehicle operating as designed” since they can’t replicate. My issue also randomly turns off the speed awareness function.
I have another appointment next week and will update if they find anything. Thank for the post. At least I know we are not alone.
Thanks for the reply, George. Good luck with your appointment. I hope to know more Friday. We'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chris - I had my appointment today to address the issues with the blind spot monitoring system. They essentially did nothing. They checked for software updates and error codes but found nothing. They gave me an 800 number to contact Land Rover Support. I opened a case today but have yet to hear anything. Frustration continues. I hope you have had more success. George

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris - I had my appointment today to address the issues with the blind spot monitoring system. They essentially did nothing. They checked for software updates and error codes but found nothing. They gave me an 800 number to contact Land Rover Support. I opened a case today but have yet to hear anything. Frustration continues. I hope you have had more success. George
George,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I picked my Discovery Sport up yesterday.

Here is the rundown:

1) Front right suspension creaks when driving over rough roads, bumps, dips, and speed bumps.-- As of 9/21/2021- Seems to be fixed, however, I haven't driven it enough to know for sure. They replaced the Lower Control Arm
2) Engine noise (Knock) at Low RPM acceleration, whether on level roads or hills (big or small).--As of 9/21/2021- Seems to be fixed, however, I haven't driven it enough to know for sure. They performed another software update on a couple of different modules (Both Engine and Transmission related).
3) Blind Spot Monitoring System turns off randomly. It will be on one moment, then turns itself off.--As of 9/21/2021- Could not duplicate the issue. Maybe with the newer software updates, it will be fixed. Fingers crossed.
4) It feels like something is loose inside the driver's seat and hits when applying the brake, accelerating from a stop, and sometimes when going over speed bumps.-- As of 9/21/2021- Seems to be fixed, however, I haven't driven it enough to know for sure. They replaced the seatback frame.

I did present the dealership with another issue I have. The 180 Watt basic sound system in the 2021 Service Loaner is NOTICABLY louder than my upgraded, 380 Watt, Meridian sound system in my 2020. The Service Manager actually came out to compare the two and was dumbfounded by this occurrence. Thankfully he is looking into that himself.

I'm interested to hear how your situation plays out. Good luck, George!

- Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, All. I have a 2020 Discovery Sport and have the following issues that "have been fixed" and are reoccurring. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I am curious because all four service loaner vehicles (3 - '20 DS & 1 - '21 DS) are exhibiting the same issues as mine.

Here are the issues:
1) Front right suspension creaks when driving over rough roads, bumps, dips, and speed bumps.
2) Engine noise (Knock) at Low RPM acceleration, whether on level roads or hills (big or small).
3) Blind Spot Monitoring System turns off randomly. It will be on one moment, then turns itself off.
4) It feels like something is loose inside the driver's seat and hits when applying the brake, accelerating from a stop, and sometimes when going over speed bumps.

Here are the repairs so far (Not specifics since I can't find the invoices right now):
1) Drain & Fill Hydraulic dampers (1st service), Replacing Front air struts (2nd service)
2) Reprogrammed TCU & ECU (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
3) Reprogrammed ? (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
4) Could not duplicate (1st service), Replacing seat frame (2nd service)
My DS is in the shop now on its 2nd service, so I will add more here when the information becomes available.

On a separate note, my engine throttle response is VERY SLOW, and the transmission shifting is jumpy or lags at times. The 3 '20 service loaners exhibited the same throttle response, so I wrote it off as "normal." However, the '21 service loaner drives like a champ! The engine accelerates as any engine should, and the transmission changes gears without any lag or jump. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with their 2020 Discovery Sport????

Thank you to anyone who responds to help me with my inquiries.

- Chris
Hi, I had the same problem as per your S/No. 1 4 mth after taking delivery of my MY20 DS. Went back to the dealer and confirmed it as a known problem with the front lower control arm. waited few months for the parts (due to covid) and the problem was resolved after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem with the blind spot monitoring issue noted above from several owners. I have not seeked a fix at the dealership for my 2020 vehicle. Has the software updates fixed this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same problem with the blind spot monitoring issue noted above from several owners. I have not seeked a fix at the dealership for my 2020 vehicle. Has the software updates fixed this issue?
Well, my truck is back in the shop for that, my loose seatback, and a transmission/rear differential issue now. To answer your question, the software updates haven't fixed it for sure, but it hasn't turned off by itself in the week and a half I had the truck between shop visits. I will try to remember to keep everyone posted on the issues I'm experiencing and the fixes. I hate to say it Land Rover lovers, I want my Jeep back! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with the blind spot monitor. My issue also includes the speed limit awareness function turning off by itself. I have had it looked at twice with no solution. My dealership recommended that I contact LR tech support. I have filed a case (case number 8000927260) but there has been no activity because for some reason my dealer and LR can’t get a hold of each other. I will update if I hear anything. it may help if we all submit a case, LR was not aware that there are others with the issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys, I have two other problems with my 2020. Once in a while, the vehicle shuts off by itself when Iam at a stop. In addition, the rear latch does not disengage from the button inside the vehicle. The rear hatch is manual up and down. Does anyone else have these problems?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
625 Posts
Guys, I have two other problems with my 2020. Once in a while, the vehicle shuts off by itself when Iam at a stop. In addition, the rear latch does not disengage from the button inside the vehicle. The rear hatch is manual up and down. Does anyone else have these problems?
Are you talking about the start/stop? or does the entire system need to be restarted????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts