Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, All. I have a 2020 Discovery Sport and have the following issues that "have been fixed" and are reoccurring. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I am curious because all four service loaner vehicles (3 - '20 DS & 1 - '21 DS) are exhibiting the same issues as mine.

Here are the issues:
1) Front right suspension creaks when driving over rough roads, bumps, dips, and speed bumps.
2) Engine noise (Knock) at Low RPM acceleration, whether on level roads or hills (big or small).
3) Blind Spot Monitoring System turns off randomly. It will be on one moment, then turns itself off.
4) It feels like something is loose inside the driver's seat and hits when applying the brake, accelerating from a stop, and sometimes when going over speed bumps.

Here are the repairs so far (Not specifics since I can't find the invoices right now):
1) Drain & Fill Hydraulic dampers (1st service), Replacing Front air struts (2nd service)
2) Reprogrammed TCU & ECU (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
3) Reprogrammed ? (1st service), Unknown repair (2nd service)
4) Could not duplicate (1st service), Replacing seat frame (2nd service)
My DS is in the shop now on its 2nd service, so I will add more here when the information becomes available.

On a separate note, my engine throttle response is VERY SLOW, and the transmission shifting is jumpy or lags at times. The 3 '20 service loaners exhibited the same throttle response, so I wrote it off as "normal." However, the '21 service loaner drives like a champ! The engine accelerates as any engine should, and the transmission changes gears without any lag or jump. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with their 2020 Discovery Sport????

Thank you to anyone who responds to help me with my inquiries.

- Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure it helps but I have issues 1 and 3 with my 2020 Disco Sport. I had to wait 6 weeks to schedule and appointment to have it looked at. They performed the following:

1) Performed front lower arm hydra bush modification. This is a bushing recall. It seemed to help significantly reduce/eliminate the rattling.
3) Basically did nothing. Read and cleared fault codes. Reported “vehicle operating as designed” since they can’t replicate. My issue also randomly turns off the speed awareness function.
I have another appointment next week and will update if they find anything. Thank for the post. At least I know we are not alone.

·
Registered
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure it helps but I have issues 1 and 3 with my 2020 Disco Sport. I had to wait 6 weeks to schedule and appointment to have it looked at. They performed the following:

1) Performed front lower arm hydra bush modification. This is a bushing recall. It seemed to help significantly reduce/eliminate the rattling.
3) Basically did nothing. Read and cleared fault codes. Reported “vehicle operating as designed” since they can’t replicate. My issue also randomly turns off the speed awareness function.
I have another appointment next week and will update if they find anything. Thank for the post. At least I know we are not alone.
Thanks for the reply, George. Good luck with your appointment. I hope to know more Friday. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts