Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been happening for a while now, intermittently!
Instrument panel and radio display go off, lights flash very rapidly, warning chimes bong, but car still drives fine.
Took if to a main dealer, £205 later could not find the problem, bit offered to look for a few more hours at £205 per hour with no promises of solving the problem!
Anyone got any ideas please, getting desperate now!!
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been happening for a while now, intermittently!
Instrument panel and radio display go off, lights flash very rapidly, warning chimes bong, but car still drives fine.
Took if to a main dealer, £205 later could not find the problem, bit offered to look for a few more hours at £205 per hour with no promises of solving the problem!
Anyone got any ideas please, getting desperate now!!
Thanks
I had the exact same problem (display going off, headlight going off, ding sound, but coming up again quickly) very recently so I took mine to the local dealership. It turned out to be a loose battery connection. It makes sense because the problems happened more on bumpy roads. As the connection was not tight, the display went off briefly when the vehicle body rattled. Plus, I loosen it to connect CTEK AGM charger by myself the other day. Maybe I didn't tighten it up again. So stupid easy fix but I didn't realize it was me who made the problem XD. So far so good. I will ask refund if the same issue happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the exact same problem (display going off, headlight going off, ding sound, but coming up again quickly) very recently so I took mine to the local dealership. It turned out to be a loose battery connection. It makes sense because the problems happened more on bumpy roads. As the connection was not tight, the display went off briefly when the vehicle body rattled. Plus, I loosen it to connect CTEK AGM charger by myself the other day. Maybe I didn't tighten it up again. So stupid easy fix but I didn't realize it was me who made the problem XD. So far so good. I will ask refund if the same issue happen.
Another possible reason that my service advisor mentioned was a damage on wires, which can be the worst case. Why? If so, a mechanic must dissemble a lot of parts just to identify the faulty wire, leading to make it a very expensive job. Any rodents or cats might cause the damage, but I don't see many rats or cats in my town so I didn't agree with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another possible reason that my service advisor mentioned was a damage on wires, which can be the worst case. Why? If so, a mechanic must dissemble a lot of parts just to identify the faulty wire, leading to make it a very expensive job. Any rodents or cats might cause the damage, but I don't see many rats or cats in my town so I didn't agree with that.
Thanks for the info!!
I did see this might be the cause when looking at reviews of auto electricians, and the connection was indeed loose! Tightened it up and so far so good!
Now I am complaining to Landrover as to how when a car goes in with an electrical problem no one checks that the main part of the electrical system isn't connected properly.
I guess I should have checked myself, but it seemed such a random thing and the car always started.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the info!!
I did see this might be the cause when looking at reviews of auto electricians, and the connection was indeed loose! Tightened it up and so far so good!
Now I am complaining to Landrover as to how when a car goes in with an electrical problem no one checks that the main part of the electrical system isn't connected properly.
I guess I should have checked myself, but it seemed such a random thing and the car always started.
Glad that it helped!

Some minor issues are sometimes more difficult to fix because minor issues might not be logged in their system. When I talked about the symptoms, the service advisor couldn't find the similar issue on the system and haven't seen the same one so far. It was just very coincident that we had the same issue at the same time LoL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts