Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Last month I purchased a 2017 Discovery Sport HSE Luxury. I absolutely love it!!
It's important to note that I purchased with about a month left on the warranty.
My issue is related to the InControl and the complete lack of info online about it. I'll lay out a timeline and I really hope someone can help me out!
1 - Bought the car
2 - Called JLR to get it moved to my name so I can setup the remote app
3 - Get a Rogers data only SIM card for it and I was getting live traffic, weather beside the radio, headlines etc...
4 - Fast forward to a few days ago...I can no longer login to the nav, I lost the weather, headlines etc...
5 - Call JLR - "you need to sign up with AT&T for that stuff to work" also got "some services stop at the end of the warranty and you can't get them back"
6 - I've renewed my nav and Remote + Protect subscriptions
Is anyone able to definitively confirm just what aspects of InControl should be available to me and which ones aren't? Do I really have to pay AT&T monthly???
Any help would be amazing!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I got my 20DS last year I was told that only AT&T will work. I signed up with AT&T. I got a deal by paying for a year. After I had paid I found out on one of the forums that a T-Mobile SIM will work. I'm not sure if that is still the case with the Sprint/T-Mobile merge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes for At&t. A mobile car data plan is cheap, only $30/month. We have a notice that live traffic and parking will require a fee. We don’t use those features often, so we may let it lapse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally I paid $25 a month, but was offered $200 of unlimited data for a year. I didn't previously have AT&T, but if you are already an AT&T customer the cost will be less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts