Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 HSE LUX fog lights don’t go on automatically?

So I just picked up a brand spanking new 2017 HSE LUX in kaikoura stone yesterday. It’s quite awesome. Couple of annoying issues, but none worse than the fact that I have to manually put the fog lights on every time I’m in the car at night. My lights are on auto, as are the high beams. Is there something I’m missing? Any other car I had the fog lights stayed on every time it was dark enough for headlights to go on. Please let me know what needs to be done, thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
did you check out the owners manual? I'm not sure if you can in fact have them turn on automatically but.... no harm in looking it up in the manual?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nope you got to turn the front and rear fog lights on any time you want to use them. They reset to off when you turn the car off. First vehicle I’ve owned that did this.

Could be some kind of Euro or UK regulation??

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have never had a vehicle that had auto-fog lights.
Well the fog lights themselves are not automatic, what he means is that you can turn them on and they will come back on any time the headlights turn on via their auto on feature. Basically they are always on whenever the headlights are on unless you flip the switch to turn them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts