• 67 Plate HSE Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a DS - need the space for family mostly.

I am currently comparing 2 as noted in title. The 2017 HSE black looks fab but has 20" wheels - are these an issue? I had 20" on a Honda Civic years ago and every slight bump in the road punctured a tyre - 8 new tyres in 14 months meant that car was traded in way before its time.

The 2019 landmark only has 8500 miles as oppose to 17000 on the 67 plate - both look similar and spec doesn't appear much different.

Do I go for the 2019 Landmark which still has some warranty and only costs £1000 more than the 67 plate, or not??? What is the difference with the Landmark edition - why so much cheaper???

As I don't know much about each model in terms of spec and perf, and can't get to a dealership, I'd appreciate every bit of help you can share.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm looking to buy a DS - need the space for family mostly.

I am currently comparing 2 as noted in title. The 2017 HSE black looks fab but has 20" wheels - are these an issue? I had 20" on a Honda Civic years ago and every slight bump in the road punctured a tyre - 8 new tyres in 14 months meant that car was traded in way before its time.

The 2019 landmark only has 8500 miles as oppose to 17000 on the 67 plate - both look similar and spec doesn't appear much different.

Do I go for the 2019 Landmark which still has some warranty and only costs £1000 more than the 67 plate, or not??? What is the difference with the Landmark edition - why so much cheaper???

As I don't know much about each model in terms of spec and perf, and can't get to a dealership, I'd appreciate every bit of help you can share.

Thanks in advance,
You'll really need to look into the options that have been added and some differences in standard spec can be subtle but significant. Otherwise in a straight shoot out the HSE will definitely have most of the kit you might like to expect from a modern LR and maybe the Landmark won't - the landmark is just a "special edition" with mostly cosmetic details that aren't actually special (grey accents) but it does get the Meridian audio, and heated steering wheel which the HSE may probably have too.

If I were in the UK and I were to go and re-order my 2018 Disco, I would look for options like the Meridian Audio, 10" infotainment screen (much better functionality than the 8" one I have), heated seats with memory functions, tow hitch installed already and my guess is the HSE will have most or all of that as the spec level is higher and people tend to option them up more often. You can definitely find the minimum spec levels the 2 cars would have online and ask the sellers about optional extras. There are good guides online too..... click me

I would rule out concerns over 20" wheels, that is a standard offering for the Disco, very different to the chrome spinners you had on the Civic. 🤣
There would be a small ride difference if you compared the 2 size back to back but I guarantee the profile won't be anywhere near as low as the Civic had - plus you could probably swap them with somebody on a forum if you didn't like the ride.

Having said all that, 2 year older rego will have had more use even though the mileage is still low and the added years will affect the resale value but the HSE badge will help a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts