Discovery Sport Forum banner

2017 Discovery Sport

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ChuckStein 
#1 ·
Anyone know if there is a way to find out if the 2017s will have updates to the assembly line issue with the B pillar welds and other topix listed fixes?

My hope is yes, but I would like more reassurance before losing money in a trade-in purchase.

I wonder what value I would even get for my 2016 as a trade.

#8 ·
for those who have DS with this B pillar issue, i have question

i used to have a 2010 corolla XRS, there was a "clicking" noise near B pillar up near headliner. after doing some searching online i found that they put an electrical harness in that area that was not well secured or dampened. i did not attempt to remove headliner, left it alone, and just a couple of year later i sold the car.

does DS use any electrical harness or loom in that area?

#9 ·
my dealer sales manager did not know about this issue, service manager did.

ok, i made them call higher ups at JLR, my dealer guy said they spoke to a JLR rep in NJ and that guy in NJ said JLR had fixed this B pillar issue at the UK plant. i asked for something in writing, we shall see what they produce.

#12 ·
the issue is not fixed in Halewood !!

the TSB to use hammer & chisel and to drill out welds then re-weld covers all DS's, there is no VIN cutoff as of now.

from all the data i have found, some folks experience the issue, others may not. seems to be unique scenarios that cause this "tick".

however, i would never accept the fix as it is currently written. separating body panels using hammer & chisel, and drilling out welds and re-welding with a MIG welder will/can/may compromise the safety integrity of this vehicle!

for those who had the fix done to your DS, i would seriously think about notifying your insurance company and ask them what they think about this dealer fix JLR has published and was done to your DS.

i also find the TSB description of the issue odd. it says "Cause: B-pillar panels clearance incorrect". clearance, what clearance, there is zero clearance between the parts, the TSB even shows the weldor using vice grips to hold the panels together. if there was supposed to be clearance in there then the TSB would have shown the use of thin shims before welding and then shims removed. whoever wrote this JLR TSB seems to be like the oil-change guy filling in for the engineer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.