Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi All - I had my BBB Arbitration hearing today. Went a lot smoother than I anticipated which was nice. Land Rover participated over the phone, so it was myself, the arbitrator and a BBB rep in the room. Both sides presented their cases and asked questions/answered questions from the arbitrator. There was an inspection of the vehicle and test drive. Thankfully some of the issues complaints presented themselves during this process. All in all, everyone from each party was really nice and the process was quite pleasant. I now expect to find out the decision from the arbitrator in about three business days. I'm not holding out hope, but I'm glad I went through it.
Hi,

I waited until I could post all of the details pertaining to the outcome of the hearing, so here it goes! As I mentioned, everyone involved in the hearing process could not have been nicer - BBB, arbitrator and LR rep. After a few days of waiting, the arbitrator returned his decision in my favor for a replacement vehicle!!! I was a bit shocked, and of course very relieved. I spent the next several days researching every piece of information I could find about what happens next, pitfalls to avoid etc. While that made me feel better, and more informed, in retrospect, it was probably not necessary.

After a few days I signed the paper accepting the decision and waited to hear from LR. To say that LR was helpful at this point would be an understatement. I won't bring up his name (but I should, so he can get a public thank you), but the LR rep who was on the phone during arbitration made this as simple and painless as possible. They worked with my local dealer to identify a replacement vehicle, making sure it had all of the same options as my current one, and then got my approval on it. They worked with LR Financial to have the vehicle be a substitution of collateral on my current lease and I finally picked the car up on Saturday. I can say with 100% confidence that this one drives much better than my old one. Still don't love the engine and it's quirks, but I feel a lot safer in this one for now.

If anyone has any specific questions around the process, please let me know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats ! This is really good for you and also for everybody else.
I like when consumers fight for their rights and won't let companies just dismiss us and continue to sell inferior products that don't deliver on the promises.

I also hope JLR will take such complaints seriously...I don't know what's the rate of complaints and such cases as yours.... I am sure every company has a predetermined number that they expect to lose.... but something is telling me JLR has probably higher % vs. competition for the DS vehicles.
My issues are more of annoyances.... nothing systemic so difficult to use Lemon Lawn ( IIRC; NJ requires the same exact problem re-occur after 3 unsuccessful repairs within 60 days or the car being in a shop total of 30 days within 6 month period)....all my things are random ..more like old Windows Me... you never knew how and when it would freeze....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts