Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. Trust all is well...

My blower fan has started running very loud, it still pumps out air through vents, but i fear the bearing is bad because it makes an awful semi grinding racket. Are these easy to get at and replace? Where would i be able to get a visual of it location wise?

thanks for any help

D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi everyone.. Trust all is well...

My blower fan has started running very loud, it still pumps out air through vents, but i fear the bearing is bad because it makes an awful semi grinding racket. Are these easy to get at and replace? Where would i be able to get a visual of it location wise?

thanks for any help

D
Looking for help with this, also. My 2018 DS suddenly sounded like my heater blower was powered by a small lawn mower yesterday. I was driving around, operating normally. Parked and did some shopping, came out and started it up, suddenly the blower sounded like I had a propellor engine under the hood.

Anyone else have this and resolve the issue?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
654 Posts
I believe that other have used a long tube and sprayed/dripped lubricant on the bearings. I read that it was a 3 hour labour charged to replace.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.. sorry but my 17 doesn't look like that.... Not sure if my fan is buried down under the cowl even more of what... really frustrating.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven’t looked under my hood yet, as it’s still working fine (just annoying) and I work 12-14hr days through Xmas eve. Going to attempt the bearing lubrication at some point later in the week or next, after the holiday. I’ll try to document if it works.

Meanwhile, I’m just making sure to remote start and pre-heat the car, then turn the fan/blower down to low with the seat heaters on once I get in, and then it’s a cozy (and quiet) ride up to the Sierras in the morning for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts