Discovery Sport Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Remote Start and Incontrol Features can be a little dodgy. I get network delay sometimes, and for the most part I can get the system to work with a little patience.
I think part of the problem is the AT&T as a carrier (maybe just a personal issue) and the other side the modules 'waking' and transmitting. All this data transmission and refreshing takes time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a software update to address this at some point.
I usually try, and if it is slow I can go to my phone home screen and relaunch and it refreshes.
For remote starts, the car must be locked, so if you can do that when you get out, or via remote, you save time.
Thanks for this, I was trying to start in my driveway, but the car was unlocked. The app is otherwise working fine. Will try again later with the car locked.

I have been seeing network delay too.but the fuel/location/trip memory all seems to working, so the app is clearly talking to the car

·
Registered
139 Posts
Update. Got the car to remote start last night. However, the app didn't give me any feedback that it was actually started. The orange circles kept rotating around the start button on the app, but when I got to my car, it was running.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On ours, it seems to take a couple of minutes for the app to show that the car is running. Hopefully, there will be updates to improve the feedback times.

Does anybody know if you can access the remote functionality via a website instead of the app? I must be the only person still using a Blackberry and there is no app support. I can see the trip logs on the web, but no remote functionality

·
Registered
588 Posts
Remote start from a cell phone - yes the remote start works well from a wireless network (WiFi). Using cellular data, it is a bit laggy.

As for the remote access from a computer, I can only see my journal trips w/ map showing MPG, distance, time, etc....
Can not control the car from the web but the map is pretty neat to see where I drove and how efficiently I used the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone has incontrol remote app crached issue? Mine does it all the time on two of my iPhone6 with IOS 8.1!!!
The reason of staying on IOS8.1 is JB. :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
What is JB?

I use latest iOS 9.1 and no issues

·
Registered
2 Posts
darn, i guess i am the only one. i tried for 2 months now, letting it sit.. just says network delay, but everything else in the app works fine.
4 bars, LTE AT&T iphone. Dealer has no idea how to fix either.

·
Registered
588 Posts
darn, i guess i am the only one. i tried for 2 months now, letting it sit.. just says network delay, but everything else in the app works fine.
4 bars, LTE AT&T iphone. Dealer has no idea how to fix either.
"everything else" ? Does that mean you can locate the car on the map from your phone ?

Very important to test out the InControl system using your computer:
Have you tried the website where you can see your car's last journey ?

https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web/dashboard

·
Registered
47 Posts
Car is in the shop for the 2nd time since picking it up at the end of August.

The door panel took a few more weeks than they had told me, which a rep from JLR NA told me was unacceptable. This morning the car wouldn't start. After a few tries I filmed the error messages (Apologies for the vertical video, my anger at 6am was pretty staggering).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMKBYTDaxQ

I called roadside assistance, which took about 1 hr 20 minutes to arrive. They tried to jump the car, which made no difference. Called up my dealer who said I had to call back roadside assistance and request a tow to the dealer. Another hour later and the flatbed arrives. He tried to jump, no luck. Disconnected the battery, reconnected, and the car started this time. He said that resets the computer in the car. He said it shouldn't happen, so he still took it up to the dealer. Now the fun part of waiting. I'm glad I filmed it so at least I know they can't say there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Battery Questions

Car is in the shop for the 2nd time since picking it up at the end of August.

The door panel took a few more weeks than they had told me, which a rep from JLR NA told me was unacceptable. This morning the car wouldn't start. After a few tries I filmed the error messages (Apologies for the vertical video, my anger at 6am was pretty staggering).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMKBYTDaxQ

I called roadside assistance, which took about 1 hr 20 minutes to arrive. They tried to jump the car, which made no difference. Called up my dealer who said I had to call back roadside assistance and request a tow to the dealer. Another hour later and the flatbed arrives. He tried to jump, no luck. Disconnected the battery, reconnected, and the car started this time. He said that resets the computer in the car. He said it shouldn't happen, so he still took it up to the dealer. Now the fun part of waiting. I'm glad I filmed it so at least I know they can't say there is nothing wrong.
Oh my - what a pain!:(

Thanks for the video upload - helps you see what you are experiencing...

Questions:
1. How cold was the temps when you tried to start the car?
2. When they reconnected the battery, did the tow guy say the cable might have been loose ?
3. To ask the service advisor: how old is that battery? Has it been made a few years ago then put into the car ? Has the battery been maintained over the months it has been assembled ?

I ask question #3 because I have a BMW in addition to the LR and every time I buy a BMW, the BMW dealer has a log of when the battery was recharged, before and after voltage readings....

I never saw such a log sheet when I got the DS....
IF there is no battery maintenance log or protocol by the dealer, there might be a fault in their part as a battery that is allowed to die (non maintained) will result in a weakened battery and shortened life span.
Hmmmm....:|

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was right around freezing (Car said 24, but I checked our local weather and the coldest it got last night was 31).
He didn't say anything about it being loose, just that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it does a reset of the electronics.
Thanks for the tip. Will ask. Car was built in the UK in July, and I took delivery at the end of August. Only 1080 miles so far. It was fine yesterday when I drove.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was told that the battery had a dead cell which was screwing with the electronics. The battery had a charge, but was just providing poor power. They replaced the battery, and I got the car back this morning.

·
Registered
84 Posts
...Another hour later and the flatbed arrives. He tried to jump, no luck. Disconnected the battery, reconnected, and the car started this time. He said that resets the computer in the car. He said it shouldn't happen, so he still took it up to the dealer.
Be very glad you took the car straight away to the dealer. I have had a similar experience with a different car. Without the correct voltage to run the computer chips nothing works, everything goes wonky. I used to be able to get the other car started with a jump but it wouldn't get very far before the electronics shut everything down again. It was not pleasant to be stranded that way. Sorry about the wait and all but at least you were at home...

Should be fine now for a couple of years until the new battery wears out. Since it is so hot here in Texas we go through batteries about twice as fast as "normal". Make sure they do a thorough battery check each time you go in for service (since they are 10k miles apart) - you may catch it early next time and not have to go through this again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems like Nav is no longer standard on 2016 models (except Lux)? And the whole Driver Assist package must be added just for Nav? Is that true - on the brochure the dealer gave me (which I think is for the 2015), it states Nav as standard on all Trims.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts