Discovery Sport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will take a look for the Colored Ambient Lighting tomorrow.

I did see the option for global close and even with it enabled I couldn't close the windows with the remote. Also, using the InControl Remote App to lock the car does not close the windows.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

Got it.

Remote Start works fine
Global Close doesn't work from the remote (which we knew), but the trick at the passive entry does work
Intelligent Start/Stop wasn't working on the drive back from the dealer, but I will go out for another drive to fool around some more
Interesting that you are not having trouble with remote start. I am definitely getting a lag of about 1 minute. Wonder if it truly is network connectivity.

Congratulations btw, looks beautiful!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,

Did they remove the Colored Ambient Lighting option in MY16 HSE? Mine arrived today - Fuji White. We like it. I thought you could configure the interior lighing-color like the Evoque.

Also, I noticed there is a setting in Vehicle Setup in dash control screen to enable/disable "GLOBAL CLOSE" Does this help resolve the issue RMULLINS mentioned?
I don't see anything in my car about the Ambient Lighting. I think it might only be on the LUX version. If you take a look back in this thread I posted a document my dealer gave me about the MY16 differences and configurable mood lighting is on the LUX

Interesting that you are not having trouble with remote start. I am definitely getting a lag of about 1 minute. Wonder if it truly is network connectivity.

Congratulations btw, looks beautiful!
I didn't time it on the times I tested it, but there definitely is a lag, but nothing that seemed out of the ordinary. First time it gave me an error as the windows were rolled down a bit (that was nice).

·
Registered
52 Posts
What's the trick for passive entry again please?

Global Close doesn't work from the remote (which we knew), but the trick at the passive entry does work

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had my first issue with my car. The front drive door seemed to be catching on something while opening the door. Worse when opening from the outside, but still sticking on the inside as well.

Looks like the door panel was slightly too large for the door. They diagnosed it pretty quickly this morning at the dealer, but didn't have any of the part on hand, and non of the cars in their inventory had the same color so they couldn't just take one from another car.

About 2 weeks for a new panel to arrive, and a tech will drive down to me with a loaner so I don't have to make the trek (about 25-30 minutes) to the dealer.

Now that I know where it is, I can mostly mitigate it, but it's a pain nonetheless. Couldn't have asked for more attentive service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Picked up my Disco Sport HSE today... yay! I ended up staying longer than expected. Turns out the dealership did not put in the request for upgraded sound system properly (apparently for 2016 order sheet there were two options that need to be selected). This took a while to be sorted out. While extremely disappointing, the dealership made up by providing discounts and extras. The sales person was super nice and helped work through the issue.

Note to others, if you went for the upgraded audio system, make sure it is installed in the car.

Initial impressions, am quite happy with the ride quality, quality of materials and overall cabin comfort. Believe the infotainment could have been much better (but this was a known quantity). The InControl app leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure if it is network connectivity but starting the car remotely takes ages and the app itself looks like it was made for first generation smart phones.

Will post pictures once I get a chance to click them (in daylight).
How did you know the audio system upgrade wasn't included? Are there obviously less speakers? Not on the window sticker?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
How did you know the audio system upgrade wasn't included? Are there obviously less speakers? Not on the window sticker?
The pricing was off and the window sticker did not have it listed. But my main indication was the pricing which seemed lower than what I expected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just received my 2016 Discovery last week, after ordering it from a car broker here in LA.
Apparently they were the one of first group to be released so hope yours is on the way. My local dealer said it would be November if I were to order.

FYI - if you haven't seen the earlier post, the cargo cover does not come standard it's $495. I'd try to have them throw it in as part of the deal.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Can In Control APP be added by the dealer on a 2016 HSE ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes -> when they configure the build order
No -> it cannot be added after the car is built

It is a factory built option.
Aw bummer!:crying:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I got my 2016 LR Discovery Sport, but the remote start doesnt work. Keeps saying network delay.
Anyone else having the issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Remote Start and Incontrol Features can be a little dodgy. I get network delay sometimes, and for the most part I can get the system to work with a little patience.
I think part of the problem is the AT&T as a carrier (maybe just a personal issue) and the other side the modules 'waking' and transmitting. All this data transmission and refreshing takes time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a software update to address this at some point.
I usually try, and if it is slow I can go to my phone home screen and relaunch and it refreshes.
For remote starts, the car must be locked, so if you can do that when you get out, or via remote, you save time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I used to have the same problem however I noticed that although the app reported the error the car infact did start. Have you tried starting the car when you are next to it and see if it starts even though the app doesn't report it?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I love the app in being able to track, find, and remote start the climate controls from the phone.

There are delays but I think that is AT&T issues.
If you let the app sit there refreshing, the phone catches up to the car.

I love the journey with the map which journals where I went, how long the trip was, MPG.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love the app in being able to track, find, and remote start the climate controls from the phone.

There are delays but I think that is AT&T issues.
If you let the app sit there refreshing, the phone catches up to the car.

I love the journey with the map which journals where I went, how long the trip was, MPG.....
And I wish mine had been fitted with this rather than the silly InControl Apps. Oh well. I have the Surround Camera and BSM that others don't, but I think I'd trade the camera for the InControl Remote (not the BSM because I use that).

·
Registered
588 Posts
And I wish mine had been fitted with this rather than the silly InControl Apps. Oh well. I have the Surround Camera and BSM that others don't, but I think I'd trade the camera for the InControl Remote (not the BSM because I use that).
Funny you say that - I wish mine had the BSM instead of the remote app...
2016 can't get the option - bummer.

As old saying goes:
Guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ??

81 - 100 of 116 Posts