Discovery Sport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you think I have too much time on my hands looking at dealer inventory everyday? Ha. Will definitely post pictures once I get it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks! I heard from the dealer and will be taking delivery on Tuesday! Super excited. Will post pictures once I get the car.
Awesome. My dealer is showing 17 of the MY16s now, with a bunch of them very close to my VIN, so I'm hoping that mine is there and I get the call soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw my new MY16 White DS HSE today.

It just came off the truck. I drive it home this Wed. Mine sat at the US Port since first week in August. Dealer got a delivery (arrival) notice last week for today and sure enough it arrived. I couldn't see much of it because it was still in it's white shipping cloth/packing but it is there ready for inspection and prep, etc.

They received what looked to be approx 5-10 DSs.

Few immediate things I plan to verify like: Remote Start!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Picked up my Disco Sport HSE today... yay! I ended up staying longer than expected. Turns out the dealership did not put in the request for upgraded sound system properly (apparently for 2016 order sheet there were two options that need to be selected). This took a while to be sorted out. While extremely disappointing, the dealership made up by providing discounts and extras. The sales person was super nice and helped work through the issue.

Note to others, if you went for the upgraded audio system, make sure it is installed in the car.

Initial impressions, am quite happy with the ride quality, quality of materials and overall cabin comfort. Believe the infotainment could have been much better (but this was a known quantity). The InControl app leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure if it is network connectivity but starting the car remotely takes ages and the app itself looks like it was made for first generation smart phones.

Will post pictures once I get a chance to click them (in daylight).

·
Registered
47 Posts

Got it.

Remote Start works fine
Global Close doesn't work from the remote (which we knew), but the trick at the passive entry does work
Intelligent Start/Stop wasn't working on the drive back from the dealer, but I will go out for another drive to fool around some more

·
Registered
139 Posts

Got it.

Remote Start works fine
Global Close doesn't work from the remote (which we knew), but the trick at the passive entry does work
Intelligent Start/Stop wasn't working on the drive back from the dealer, but I will go out for another drive to fool around some more
Gorgeous. Love the Loire blue, can't wait for mine. Also nice to hear the remote start works!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Auto Start/Stop began working. Maybe something in the computer to tell it not to use it the first 30-35 miles or something like that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Auto Start/Stop began working. Maybe something in the computer to tell it not to use it the first 30-35 miles or something like that.
Is this your first car with an auto start/stop? My mercedes is picky about when it likes to turn on. Has to do with a lot of variables I guess like battery charge level etc. But sometimes it just confuses me

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is this your first car with an auto start/stop? My mercedes is picky about when it likes to turn on. Has to do with a lot of variables I guess like battery charge level etc. But sometimes it just confuses me
First time owning but have driven them before. I know climate control being on can have an impact but I just had the windows down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

Did they remove the Colored Ambient Lighting option in MY16 HSE? Mine arrived today - Fuji White. We like it. I thought you could configure the interior lighing-color like the Evoque.

Also, I noticed there is a setting in Vehicle Setup in dash control screen to enable/disable "GLOBAL CLOSE" Does this help resolve the issue RMULLINS mentioned?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts