Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get the vehicle out of sleep mode ?!
app shows last time updated was July.22/20. after about a week of not being able to get it to work the car went into sleep mode and now the vehicle thinks its parked and I cant reset it. I believe the actually issue is that the car is not allowing communication. anyone know how to fix this issue?

This just happened all of a sudden and I now cannot use the app.

·
Super Moderator
361 Posts
If the car has gone into sleep mode you have to use the key to enter the car and then start it. I have never had the problem but many new cars do go to sleep mode to save power when sitting for a long time. Not sure but you may have place the remote on the location where a remote where a dead battery is placed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I wasn't explaining this fully.
My car runs normal it's the app that shows these messages and won't work because the car seems to not be communicating with the app

FIXED
Hard reset on the battery solved my issue.

·
Super Moderator
361 Posts
Glad it is OK, did you do the reset or the dealer. Way too many electronics on all makes of cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I see a lot of people with this issue but no fixes. I hope I could be of help to someone.
I did the reset myself. Disconnected the terminals then touched the cables together and left them like that. Came back a couple hours later and it was reset.
Dealer wanted to see the car and not one person from land rover suggested it. Crazy to know they only care about the money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure what version of the app you are using. I am using the Android on my phone and Apple on the wife's iPhone. I had connection issues on Android that required me to routinely force close and restart the app to get things to work. Someone on another forum posted a link to the new app in the Google Play store and I have had no issues since. (New version is: 2.1.1) The new Android app is also much nicer looking and has better functionality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what version of the app you are using. I am using the Android on my phone and Apple on the wife's iPhone. I had connection issues on Android that required me to routinely force close and restart the app to get things to work. Someone on another forum posted a link to the new app in the Google Play store and I have had no issues since. (New version is: 2.1.1) The new Android app is also much nicer looking and has better functionality.
Link for Android?

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts